Beer Pics

Casper

Mikkeller is hit in miss I think but partially because they try unique and different brews.

I have had some aged beers and really cant tell too much of a difference from a fresh one. I also have a hard time letting them sit around lol. Does your buddy have any others laying around hed like to part with? We can drink mine now and you can age yours :D

I'll send him an email and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.

My lucky finds for the day. Ive been wanting Zombie Dust for awhile.

I forgot to respond but he got back to me just before christmas and said unfortunately they're out. Tried the zombie dust at WOB and it was pretty damn good!

I forgot to respond but he got back to me just before christmas and said unfortunately they're out. Tried the zombie dust at WOB and it was pretty damn good!

No worries. I still appreciate it. Zombie dust is damn good. What did you think of Ruination?

I had a Founders tasting tonight with a friend of mine. Had CBS, KBS, Devil Dancer, and Frangelic Mountain. The CBS and Frangelic Mountain were some of the best I have ever had. Also had Old Rasputin Barrel Aged and it was very good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
85A509EF-7C30-47B4-AEE3-250011BC8829-9115-0000069AA8B8414F.jpg

Picked up a six pack of this tonight as well, excited to try it. The Ruination was indeed a bit too hoppy for me in a sense that I didn't feel like it offered much else than just pure hope bitterness. I like when the bitterness is more balanced with other things. I recently had an Avery dipa that was great and a harvest ale? called Hopivore that was really good and interesting dye to it being wet hopped(I don't understand the difference completely, but it had a good flavor.

Also the Mikkeler I tried was fantastic, I believe it was the sorachi single hop, I will try to find the bottle and get a pic up.

Mykill, have you tried the alpha dog imperial ipa? I got a bottle on recommendation in KY and haven't gotten around to opening it yet.

vas_sticker.jpg

I had this on draught at Doubledays in Centerville on Sat night. VERRRRY similar to my beloved Vanilla Porter, just a hint less vanilla in this one. Touch of coffee, too. Good stuff.

Also had their buffalo chicken rotini bake. Oh. My. Gosh.

Huge menu. I hadn't been there in 12 years or more. Will be back soon. Great place.

Picked up a six pack of this tonight as well, excited to try it. The Ruination was indeed a bit too hoppy for me in a sense that I didn't feel like it offered much else than just pure hope bitterness. I like when the bitterness is more balanced with other things. I recently had an Avery dipa that was great and a harvest ale? called Hopivore that was really good and interesting dye to it being wet hopped(I don't understand the difference completely, but it had a good flavor.

Also the Mikkeler I tried was fantastic, I believe it was the sorachi single hop, I will try to find the bottle and get a pic up.

Mykill, have you tried the alpha dog imperial ipa? I got a bottle on recommendation in KY and haven't gotten around to opening it yet.

Ruination is pretty much straight hops and is like it or hate it. Is that big A ipa by Avery? I've heard good things. Never had the Alpha Dog. I dont think ive seen it around here but Let me know how it is.

Good question! Just the Easton one. I get back in Columbus tomorrow so I will probably be hitting them up. I think I may have lost my #3 loyalty spot while I was on vacation :cry:

According to the website your still

Number 3. Damn forgot how expensive this place is. Hopslam is still yummy.

• Upvote 1