Beer Pics

Casper

They posted a picture of him hitting 100 the other day on Facebook. The number 1 guy cheats :mad: he comes in with his buddies and put theirs on his tap to get the points then they pay him cash. I'm at 120 now so they are lazy about updating. #2 is one of the investors and the dad of one of the bartenders, super nice guy.

They posted a picture of him hitting 100 the other day on Facebook. The number 1 guy cheats :mad: he comes in with his buddies and put theirs on his tap to get the points then they pay him cash. I'm at 120 now so they are lazy about updating. #2 is one of the investors and the dad of one of the bartenders, super nice guy.

So do the top people just go in there and drink together like some underground drinking club? If you want to cheat I will gladly help you :)

So do the top people just go in there and drink together like some underground drinking club? If you want to cheat I will gladly help you :)

For the most part we know each other but we usually have other people we drink with. There have been a few times that a couple of us have gone in alone and end up drinking together. I just find it funny when men try to hit in me thinking I know nothing about beer and end up looking like asses.

Hopslam is the shit! Gonna be on draft at a local place here starting this weekend so I'm pleased to finally try it on tap

^ This

I caught this last year and it may be a bit hoppy as a first beer but excellent second. If anyone wants some hurry up, it goes quick.

Looks like Ohio abv increase should be pushed through and increased to 21% which opens Ohio to a lot of brews that were not previously distributed or brewed here. Might be a few months though.

Ohio Beer Law History

Posted on January 9, 2013 by jnrupp

Ohio currently has a 12% ABV cap on all salable beer. If a beer is over the 12% limit is not able to be sold or brewed in the state of Ohio.

Prohibition set the ABV at 0%. It was moved to 6% after prohibition was lifted. In 2002 the limit was moved from 6% to 12%. Ohio Senator Jimmy Stewart ® introduced a bill in 2011 to raise the allowable ABV to 18%. It made it to the House floor where it was passed by largely due to the popularity of the at-the-time caffeine infused malt liquor known as 4 Lokos.

Senator Jimmy Stewart’s term ended and the bill was picked up by current bill sponsor Representative Dan Ramos (D). The bill was known has House Bill 356 and was submitted to the 129th General Assembly and would raise the allowable ABV to 21%. The bill picked up a little momentum but the end of 2012 also signified the end of the 129th General Assembly. A change of General Assembly wipes all in-progress bills off the record and requires them to be resubmitted.

Dan Ramos plans on resubmitting the bill to raise the allowable beer ABV over 12%. The bill will likely be revised but will be similar to House Bill 356. It can take 1-3 months for the bill to be resubmitted. It will receive a new House Bill number and start the process of becoming law.

After the bill is formally submitted, a State Government and Elections Committee (sub-committee) will be assigned to the bill. This committee will have a chairman that is in charge of overseeing the bill. In the 129th General Assembly the Chairman over House Bill 356 was Representative Ron Maag and he is likely to be the chairman when the bill is reintroduced.

Most bills are guaranteed at least one hearing although it is common for multiple hearings to take place. The chairman then takes the bill to a committee vote. If the committee approves it goes to the Speaker of the House. It will be at the digression of the Speaker to decide if and when the bill goes to a vote. If the bill makes it past the house it will then be passed on to the senate and if approved there will go to the governor to be signed into law.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a Fat Tire Amber Ale at the bar in CO, man how I've missed those. Also had a 6er of Ranger IPA from CO, actually wasn't impressed, but everyone recommended it out there.

Not really close to you, but a buddy runs to Richmond, IN to get Fat Tire. Little liquor/ beer store there.

• 2 weeks later...