Gun counter at Gander Mtn... Reynoldsburg

Beegreenstrings

OK went looking for the new watch dog rounds for the fiances .40

Said something to the guys there and got, what I would consider, the dumbest look in the world. "I've never heard of such a thing"? "Are you sure that is what they are called"? At this point I questioned myself. Thinking I was wrong or did not pay close enough attention.

So while I was there. I took the time to look at the new Waterfowl guns. The Browning Maxum. The New X3 and the new Beretta A400 Extrema. Over my shoulder I hear the gun counter trying to sell a Sigma.

Guy plays with it a few and then ask the guy how hard it is to take it apart. I hear, "I have no idea". :D I turn and ask, would you like me to show you? Two seconds the gun is apart on the counter and the counter guy is giving me a bad look. "I highly doubt you need to dry fire that gun to take it apart". I look at him and say. How the fuck would you know, and how the fuck did you get a job behind a gun counter not knowing that. Then I put the gun back together and tell the guy to buy a SD9 or a cheap glock at buckeye or T&K and he would be happier. Plus they know what the hell they are talking about.

Turn and walk out of the store.

My boss at work tells me all the time how I have no tolerance for stupid people. She is pretty much right.

Edited by Beegreenstrings
  • Upvote 1

I have had nothing but bad experiance with the gun counter there. Went with my Dad last year to purchase him a new black powder, the idiots did not even know how to turn the breach 1/4 turn on the Bone collector to remove and clean. The guy was such an ass that he would not even hand us the gun and in turn stripped it out while we were standing there... Then he proceeds to tell us it is no big deal and he can take $20 off if we were to purchase! :wtf: this is a $600 rifle that is now stripped and he is still going to sell as nothing is really wrong. :nono:

They (Gander East) lost T-Butt's 870 for a month. Turned him into a Mossberg Man.

i actually bought a benelli ;)

they told me they sent my gun to their other store to be fixed, then the other store said they never got it, then the first store coudlnt find the shipping papers, and essentially nobody knew where it was.....this was after a month of me calling in to check on it and hearing "it should be done by next week" when nobody had even seen the damn thing.....after i went in there pissed and refused to leave until they found it, the manager decided to try calling remington and sure enough they had it sitting there (untouched) and said it would be a few weeks more.....get it back and remington made the thing worse, it went from jamming almost every round to completely seized up.

the only thing i give gander props on is how they dealt with the situation in the end

i took it back in seized up with a spent shell still lodged in it and told them its unacceptable that i bought the thing in november and its been down for repair for 3-4 months...told them i need a gun i actually shoot and dont want to send it back to remington to get it fixed AGAIN...they didnt even hassle me at all, they bought it back from me for the full purchase price on my receipt (even though it had 200rds through it, and some scratches from being carted through the woods during deer season since i didnt have a case for it yet) and let me put that money down on a nova

Edited by Steve Butters

Yeah, their gun counter and the store in general is quite lost. There have been quite a few people having issues there.

So, another store where IF they ask if you need any help, the reply is "no, I think I've got it" while trying to hold back the part where you say I probably know more than you about this.

So, another store where IF they ask if you need any help, the reply is "no, I think I've got it" while trying to hold back the part where you say I probably know more than you about this.

I was just in this Gander. Not to buy anything just to waste time. A guy was looking at long guns and an associate asked him if he needed help. The customer goes "well do you know anything about guns?" His reply was "a little bit" I laughed thinly about this thread. Lmao:)

For the most part, when I go to the gun store, I already know what I need to, because I researched it in advance. Same for the electronics stores. When I was deciding on a pistol to buy, with concealment in mind, I just went to the gun store, already knowing what features I was looking for, and what pistols had those features. The first trip was just to get a feel for them, then the second trip was to pick up the XD SC.

For the most part, when I go to the gun store, I already know what I need to, because I researched it in advance. Same for the electronics stores. When I was deciding on a pistol to buy, with concealment in mind, I just went to the gun store, already knowing what features I was looking for, and what pistols had those features. The first trip was just to get a feel for them, then the second trip was to pick up the XD SC.

Then the third trip will be to trade it for an M&P. ;)

That's why so many people have posted up they are buying an M&P and why so many PD's are moving to them too. Also why Glock started using the interchangeable back straps.;)

isnt s&w pretty much giving those M&Ps away to police agencies?

i know they were doing straight up trades for used HKs with some police departments.

smart move i guess, to get your foot in the door or whatever....but i know they got some contracts simply because they were trading brand new guns for old used ones at no charge

S&W was offering even trade-in for existing firearms in exchange with brand new M&P's along with "free" holsters, magazine carriers, and extra magazine. In addition, S&W also provided free Armorer training and provided the ammunition for the year's weapons qualification in an effort to ease the transition. More or less, S&W provided free training, ammo, and one-for-one trade in for existing firearms to gain market share. It worked!!

this is regarding washington state patrol....sounds like their product wasnt good enough to sell itself, so they had to give it away lol

Edited by Steve Butters

They gotta do something! :lol:

The mag disconnect safety is one thing that the M&P has as an option that would be nice to have, but for a non-LEO CCW, I would hope to not be in close enough quarters with an attacker to worry about that. Isn't 20 ft. the "minimum distance" (statistic?) from an assailant to be able to draw and fire?

P.S. I thought of your FB post right after I typed statistic, Tbut! :lol:

i know they were doing straight up trades for used HKs with some police departments.

smart move i guess, to get your foot in the door or whatever....but i know they got some contracts simply because they were trading brand new guns for old used ones at no charge

this is regarding washington state patrol....sounds like their product wasnt good enough to sell itself, so they had to give it away lol

some places did. It's really hard for a department to change firearms. A fear of the unknown. But now more of the smaller departments are buying them since the bigger departments like them.

The mag disconnect safety is one thing that the M&P has as an option that would be nice to have, but for a non-LEO CCW, I would hope to not be in close enough quarters with an attacker to worry about that. Isn't 20 ft. the "minimum distance" (statistic?) from an assailant to be able to draw and fire?

Yeah it's somewhere between 20 and 30 feet I think.

i would prefer to not have a mag disconnect, especially for concealed carry...if there was a struggle like the guy who got jumped at that gas station in dayton, the last thing i would want to worry about it the mag release getting hit in the struggle and the round left in the chamber being worthless

thats a feature that isnt make or break a buy for me, but it is a feature im glad my EDC doesnt have, along with a thumb safety