New Shotgun

vf1000ride

Picked up a new dual purpose shotgun this week. Mossberg 500a, 28" vent rib barreled gun that was used but I got a good deal on it with 4 choke tubes and it looked almost new.

IMG_5236.jpg

And just because I can't leave anything well enough alone. After 20 minutes of fiddling with it tonight, it is now a 20" with the 7 shot mag tube and 6 position M-4 style stock with a recoil damper in it.

IMG_5239.jpg

Oh, and I am so ready for any kind of shit. :rolleyes:

IMG_5240.jpg

Yep, purchased it that way. Its a Phoenix Technology stock set. Got it from

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44384/sku=100-007-520/Product/Moss-500-590-835-Zombie-Hunter-KickLite-Stock

Heat shield is still an option for the next paycheck along with a front mounted light.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

So as an update, I got the light for my shotgun. Looks mean and works like a champ. Got the Streamlight TLR-1s and an aluminum tri-rail mount.

IMG_5253.jpg

And a closeup.

IMG_5256.jpg

I am sure most peoples next question is how does it look when turned on. I set the camera on manual so both images are at exactly the same exposure. The camera and light are side by side 14 feet from the wall.

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

You can see the shadow at the ceiling from the mag tube getting in the way but until I buy the remote pressure pad for the light it will be good enough. The best part of keeping it this way though is you just loosen it up and it latches right down on the XD without having to change anything. :D

IMG_5264.jpg

That's quite the transformation!

I probably have spent a little more on this than if I had just purchased a ready made 500-590 series gun set up like mine is now. It just didn't seem like they had the right combination of features I wanted. The extra cash was worth being able to mix and match parts so I could have it my way. And the extra bonus that if I ever want to take the gun back out in the field for a day of clays or hunting, I can swap the old parts back on in about 35 minutes. :cool: