2001 f250 4x4 7.3L

Steve Butters

bump....working two jobs now, and im trying to graduate in the fall and my financial aid is cut, and i moved out on my own.....just cant keep this thing....updated info here

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2940670316.html

price drop $7250 for OR members

might consider trades + cash for a car that gets better mpg.....ill be in the market next April for a new bike, so the more money I can save now and get my loans paid off, the nicer the bike I can get.....hopefully I'll be able to swing an fjr1300

Edited by Steve Butters

Yes. His is a 7.3. Those are better than the 6 all day long.

Well yeah, learned that the hard way... Goddam FICM!

But did not know the years they changed. I was thinking it was 2000 - 2003, but I am thinking now I was off and it is 2003-2005 for the craptacular 6's

7.3-90-03

close! 88 was the first 7.3...just no powerstrokes until 94...we just scrapped an 88 7.3 dually...what a waste lol :(...needed way too much work

john - if this thing works out with your place, i may not need to sell this ...leaving the listing up just in case, but hoping i wont have to

Did they fix that FICM issue at any point? I looked at a 05 yesterday... But when I opened the hood I about yacked in front of the guy. :nono:

Yes, it's fixed... for the 2008 model year. :rolleyes:

This is the "good one" guys. I don't think they've had a really good diesel since the 7.3.

nice truck. free bump.

My most vivid memory of the 7.3 is working a summer job for Great Lakes Truck Equipment. The E350 Econolines we modified sometimes had the 7.3, and I HATED them, because the increased diameter of the exhaust pipe, and the way it was routed pretty much guaranteed that I would burn my arm while holding the bolts for the the curb-side cabinet.

At the time, I though the V10 was cooler, but time has shown that the 7.3 was definitely the best engine available for that generation.

• 4 months later...

bump....working two jobs now, and im trying to graduate in the fall and my financial aid is cut, and i moved out on my own.....just cant keep this thing....updated info here

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2940670316.html

price drop $7250 for OR members

might consider trades + cash for a car that gets better mpg.....ill be in the market next April for a new bike, so the more money I can save now and get my loans paid off, the nicer the bike I can get.....hopefully I'll be able to swing an fjr1300 :D

Edited by Steve Butters