Bad news for Zero?

Casper

Until the battery lasts 1.5 hours, that 1.5 hour charge time is killer...

they say 20-45 minutes of charge time. I'm betting it's a lot closer to 20, unless you're putting along a trail.

So that means even with 2 batteries, you ride for maybe 30 minutes, then swap batteries. Ride for another 30 minutes, and then wait an hour for your first battery to come off the charger again?

No thanks. Unless the extra battery packs are like $100 each, it's just not a practical power source :(

Competitor to Zero definitely.

Bad news I'm not sure about. It kind of validates the product. And may actually increase sales. But Zero will have to stay ahead of a bigger name like KTM in technology to compete.

Ofcourse this only targets 1 of the several models that Zero sells. And several of those I doubt that KTM would target. It might just push Zero into a different niche.

I think its great to see more competition in the market. One of the Zero XU models looks like a pretty cool commuter.

Craig

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I'm confused

The battery take 1.5 hrs to recharge but doesn't last that long.;) It would be an awsome bike if you had an urban offroad park where noise was the enemy. Like most I'd hate to be someplace miles from electric and wanting to ride for hours with a bike that dies after 30 min of full speed riding.

Edited by buildit