Which Exhaust?

Cp09r1

Check with sniper 308 he has a new r1 with some type of pipe on it. All I know is that it sounds bad ass almost like a v-twin.

Thank you! It does kind of sound like a twin, that's what I love about it. Like Uncle P said, don't waste your money on a full system, you don't need it. Go with a mid pipe instead. I'd go with a set of slip-ons, either Leo or Arrow. I have a set of Leo's, and I absolutely love them. Just go check out YouTube, to see what sounds best to you. I'd send your ECU out to Jet Tunning for a reflash, guess this helps with performance, and is on my next list of mods.

http://www.jetttuning.com/that_s_racing/view/1143/ecu_review_from_ken_hill

Look, you have a great bike that deserves a great exhaust. Toce, Two Brothers, etc are piles of shit that are wastes of money. Go with something like Leo, Akra, Graves, etc.

You have two choices...

Slip-on. They are more than aesthetic. They are functional in that they will net some gain. If you PC the bike with the slip-on, you'll get gains. You also get a really amazing sound also...

Full System. The OEM does have Ti headers, but understand a few little things. One, the OEM has smaller headers, pinched air flow, etc. The fact is that if the OEM was "just as good", the factory teams would run them. Not a single team does... The Ti is there because it helps meet a lower weight for the tests. It doesn't mean shit as to what the cannisters are made of, the header is Ti, etc. The full system isn't as good as a aftermarket GOOD system like the Akra.

The idea should be that if you wanna go squid and don't have any money, buy a 2 Bros, buy a slash cut system with no packing that will make people's ears bleed when you roll by. You'll be the envy of every doucher on the planet. OR, save a bit more and even look at some race or track day sites and find a great used system. Buy a PC or Bazzaz and get it dialed and you'll never understand why you didn't do it sooner... A full system properly dialed is a thing of beauty in terms of delivery and hidden potential of that bike. Not to mention the glorious sound...

Graves and Akra have a LOT of race knowledge and know what that bike is capable of with a good system. Don't do Yosh unless you go with their high end. If it is polished, it isn't high end. It's called bling and is usually a farmed out system they sell for show and not so much go. If you get a true Yosh system that is built in house, it will be raw and not a single polished spot on it... Power is beautiful, not chrome or shiney....

Anyways, at the end of the day, get what you can afford. If it were me and I had a $1200 budget, I would get a used system off the WERA site, save until I can get more or buy a good Akra slip-on system and PC...

brian i love ya man but you just totally hurt my feelings.. im not a doucher i just didnt have much money so i got a 2bros full system like 4 years ago on my r6... sniffles.. that was before i really knew what a good system was of course hehe

What do you have now?

All good info Brian but I have a question. Will a good aftermarket header fit inside the stock bodywork?

Shouldn't be an issue at all. The problem is usually with race plastic as it tends to fit a little tighter at the lowers and they tend to get burnt from the headers or mid-pipes.

The thing is that the headers will be larger in dia. for sure, but they usually plumb them so they will fit.

i still have the 2bro's because its in great condition.. repacked it once last year.. i spent my money on better tires and suspension from Reuben@35 instead..

Hey, at least you re-pack it. 9 out of 10 guys never re-pack them and they sound like Andy singing...

Also, your priorities are perfectly in order.