Black Friday Deals

Bad324

I did black Friday one time, out in California. I will never, I say again, NEVER do it again. It is not worth my time to deal with the crowds of nut jobs. I will be in my bed asleep, nice and warm while you crazies try to get your deals and get stabbed when someone else thinks they deserve the item more than you do. ;)

Menard's will have this one on sale too for $399

28 gun safe, probably counting pistols.

Not sure on the "electronic" lock part

b817307_0.jpg

Inside of that looks like the took a picture of mine... Heavy bolt gun up front... AR right behind that... Shotgun and can see the Over under in the back... :D

Coin books and jewelry on the bottom and Binos on the shelf... But I have Vortex not steiners.

and I sure dont own any glocks...

I dont know much of anything about the new TV's. I have been looking but seriously have no idea what I am looking at. Wally World had a 50 - some inch Sony flat screen the other night for 350.00... I passed because I had no idea what it was. besides a 50" black flat box.

We are using an older Vega Sony 29"er in our br but its so bulky we have been thinking about going with a flat screen. Problem is the picture is so sharp on the Sony, I mean it rivals our HD 1080 (with a HD box feeding it) in the Living room for sharpness and picture quality. Even the installer (DirecTV) commented on how great a picture the Sony has, and its got its own non HD box feeding it.

But the Toshiba 24" LCD HD 1080 for $199 at HHGregg sure is tempting....

Just saw that Best Buy has a 42" Sharp 1080p LCD for $199....tempting for the spare bedroom

Thats the one I really want. But I won't wake up at the crack of dawn to wait in line so I feel like it will sell out before I get to Best Buy. If they have them left then I certainly will pick this up but if not now I'm thinking to opt for the 60" Sharp AQOUS at HHgregg for $800

I would lean away from LCD, and get an LED screen.

A lot of these cheap LCDs are exactly that. For a couple hundred more, id rather have a quality picture. Not saying all LEDs are better than all LCDs...keep in mind electronics will drop in price after BF!

Yeah that aquos is a good deal. Best buy actually opens at midnight and they start passing out tickets at 10pm. I hate lines and cold weather but that might be worth it.

oh snap thats good info, nothing like a thermos of Hot Chocolate and Ryans Irish Cream to pass the time. Maybe I'll try to hit one up at 10pm then

I would lean away from LCD, and get an LED screen.

A lot of these cheap LCDs are exactly that. For a couple hundred more, id rather have a quality picture. Not saying all LEDs are better than all LCDs...keep in mind electronics will drop in price after BF!

It's best to explain what you're talking about because it's not entirely accurate. LCD's come with a multitude of different back lighting. The back lighting is the primary source of light the shines through the LCD to give you a picture. LED back lighting is the most recent trend. Previously they used CCFL or florescent back lighting. These can also come as edge lit or perimeter, or they could be full back lit.

So, an LCD tv is an LCD tv. The addition of LED simply tell you that it's using LEDs for the back lighting instead of florescent.

Hope that helps!

:D

It's best to explain what you're talking about because it's not entirely accurate. LCD's come with a multitude of different back lighting. The back lighting is the primary source of light the shines through the LCD to give you a picture. LED back lighting is the most recent trend. Previously they used CCFL or florescent back lighting. These can also come as edge lit or perimeter, or they could be full back lit.

So, an LCD tv is an LCD tv. The addition of LED simply tell you that it's using LEDs for the back lighting instead of florescent.

Hope that helps!

:D

Doesnt really help since i already knew that! But thanks. When they referred to just LCD, my assumption was that they werent LED lit due to the pricing. Most of the time no one (retailers) never reference them as CCFL LCDs in ads, just LCD.

Doesnt really help since i already knew that! But thanks. When they referred to just LCD, my assumption was that they werent LED lit due to the pricing. Most of the time no one (retailers) never reference them as CCFL LCDs in ads, just LCD.

You might have but your reply was not so concise, so I was replying for everyone's benefit. People have a misconception about seeing LCD and LED label TVs. I was just trying to clear the air about them, no need to take anything personal as that was not my intention.

If people were savvy shoppers, they'd look at the detail of the ads and can find this information. Again, just trying to educate those who are not avid video/audiophiles like yourself. :D

That's very true...with LCD's and LED's the name can be a bit decieivng. For $199 for a 42" or $800 for a 60" I would assume they are edge lit. For $200 I'm not expecting top of the line picture quality...just something for the spare room or the garage. I really prefer plasma, which is what I have in the living room - I personally think the picture looks better, deeper blacks and no worries about refresh rate. But $200 for a 42" 1080p spare is a great deal.

If you play your Xbox on that long enough on you'll burn the static images onto it. Don't care what the manufacturer says they have in place to stop it. It will happen. Move to an LCD and all those worries go away. :D

I beg to differ big guy. I've been playing 360 on a Hitachi plasma since 2005 and don't have a single thing burned into that screen. Looks exactly the same as the day I bought it. I also don't have to worry about ghosting if my tv can't keep up with what's going on in the game and I don't have to worry about the black level not being deep enough. I'll stick with plasma as my main tv :D

Edited by CleaveTheGreat

Modern day plasmas dont have the same burn-in issues as they used to (quality plasmas that is).

Thats not a great deal on the 60" for a CCFL. BestBuy just had a sharp 60" LED for 1099. But the deals dead. If your not in a rush, prices will come down even more after BF.

There some decent 55" LG 3D LED, bluray and 3D glasses for 1099 at wally world.

When you get into the larger panels, Id try to get true back-lit LEDs instead of edge, since you might encounter bright edges in your darks.

Edited by ohdaho

You might have but your reply was not so concise, so I was replying for everyone's benefit. People have a misconception about seeing LCD and LED label TVs. I was just trying to clear the air about them, no need to take anything personal as that was not my intention.

If people were savvy shoppers, they'd look at the detail of the ads and can find this information. Again, just trying to educate those who are not avid video/audiophiles like yourself. :D

No worries. I assure you my panties were not in a bunch.

Walmart on line has a 32" emerson for 188 Monday thru Wednesday only. They show this item as a in store only so you can not order one thru the web. They showed one in piqua so I tought I would beat the rush and get it now. Well the one they have doesn't have the f at the end of the model number so they won't honor the price. So I asked if could order it. They said only online I told the the web said store only. They said they are not part of walmart.com. I walked out pissed off I will never shop there again! Id rather pay 50 more some where else!