Black Friday Deals

Bad324

I want a new tv, but I don't know which one to go with. I have a 52" old rear projection high def now. Looking to upgrade to a 60"-70" LED. I have about 12 feet from the wall to the couch. I have been told be a friend, that I'll need about 20 feet of viewing space if I go with the 70", not sure if that's true or not? Should I go with Sharp, Samsung, or LG? All suggestions are welcome, thanks!

I want a new tv, but I don't know which one to go with. I have a 52" old rear projection high def now. Looking to upgrade to a 60"-70" LED. I have about 12 feet from the wall to the couch. I have been told be a friend, that I'll need about 20 feet of viewing space if I go with the 70", not sure if that's true or not? Should I go with Sharp, Samsung, or LG? All suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Out of the 3 I'd go with Samsung - they make a quality product. I've heard some less than Stellar things about the newer Sharp's, even the Aquos line and I'm not a fan of LG. You know those shitty old 'Goldstar' brand tv's they used to sell at KMart/Hills/etc? Yeah that's LG. If buying a new tv I'd go with a Panasonic or Samsung. Too bad Pioneer doesn't make tv's anymore because they were phenomenal.

definitely Samsung, love mine. Hell, its been out of warranty for almost 2 years now and they still fixed a known common issue with it for free and gave that part a lifetime warranty. Between myself and my parents we have 6 Samsungs and mine is the only 1 to ever have an issue but it also gets the use of the other 5 combined plus some

You'll have to throw out a budget to really get a good response. Samsung and Sony are known for good panels but they do make some lowend models also.

Out of the 3 I'd go with Samsung - they make a quality product. I've heard some less than Stellar things about the newer Sharp's, even the Aquos line and I'm not a fan of LG. You know those shitty old 'Goldstar' brand tv's they used to sell at KMart/Hills/etc? Yeah that's LG. If buying a new tv I'd go with a Panasonic or Samsung. Too bad Pioneer doesn't make tv's anymore because they were phenomenal.

I would have to disagree about the LG's. There are plenty of consumer reviews and avid video people that stand by them. I bought a 55" 3D 240Hz for the wife and it is clearly better than my 40" Sharp Aquos. I would have no problem buying LG's, Sharps, Samsungs, etc. They are are pretty darn close when comparing similar models.

One thing that the people should keep in mind also is that in stores they do not take the time to calibrate the displays. Some tvs have a lot of green push, some lack enough red. They can be all over the place and what might look like shit in a store could be a great display after it's properly calibrated.

I would have to disagree about the LG's. There are plenty of consumer reviews and avid video people that stand by them. I bought a 55" 3D 240Hz for the wife and it is clearly better than my 40" Sharp Aquos. I would have no problem buying LG's, Sharps, Samsungs, etc. They are are pretty darn close when comparing similar models.

One thing that the people should keep in mind also is that in stores they do not take the time to calibrate the displays. Some tvs have a lot of green push, some lack enough red. They can be all over the place and what might look like shit in a store could be a great display after it's properly calibrated.

A lot of the opinions that you'll get online will be based on personal experience. I have a friend who bought an LG LCD from Newegg and had to RMA it twice before he got one that actually worked correctly out of the box. That could be where some of my bias comes from. And you're right about calibration - never base a purchase on what the picture looks like in the store. Most of the people that work there wouldn't have the slightest idea how to calibrate a tv and wouldn't know what white balance was if you asked them.

And you're right about calibration - never base a purchase on what the picture looks like in the store. Most of the people that work there wouldn't have the slightest idea how to calibrate a tv and wouldn't know what white balance was if you asked them.

qft!

I have a Bluray calibration disc that I use to calibrate every TV I've purchased in the past 3 years. I've even taken it into stores with me with the full intention of making them hook up a BD player so I can compare the sets I was looking at after a quick calibration.

I'd go with Panasonic, I had a Samsung for 1 week then made best buy take it back. Both tvs were identical in stats other than the samsung was a 55 and my Panasonic now is a 50. Panasonic actually bought all the rights to the old pioneer tvs, they are the best on the market now.

I have been eyeing the microwalsh speakers for a while and I just got an email that they are selling for $639-pr. http://www.ohmspeakers.com/ Just have to call and ask about what they have in stock.

Maybe next year I'll have the mono block amps and such ready for a black Friday purchase. 40% off of a $2,000 pair of Walsh 1000s would be awesome!

Edited by alienpi

Menard's will have this one on sale too for $399

28 gun safe, probably counting pistols.

Not sure on the "electronic" lock part

b817307_0.jpg

Got the last one from Lowes still in a box, we went to tsc to get that one and holy cow! There must have been 300 people there at 5am? Craziness

Sent my bro-in-law to the px today for a Sony 60" tv??? Got my figures crossed

because I don't do waking up early on a day off or fighting crowds, the 3 tv's I wanted were all gone. Which is ok by me since I'll just continue to save up for the 70" LED I've been dying for

70"? :wtf:

Is your living room the size of a pole barn?

70"? :wtf:

Is your living room the size of a pole barn?

The 70" is overkill for this room however within the next year I'm hoping to get a house and it will have a man cave that will need at least a 70" tv :D. My theory is buy it now while I have the disposable income so its one less thing I'll need to buy after purchase of said house

The 70" is overkill for this room however within the next year I'm hoping to get a house and it will have a man cave that will need at least a 70" tv :D. My theory is buy it now while I have the disposable income so its one less thing I'll need to buy after purchase of said house

Worst Idea ever..

My dad bought a 55" TV back when that was huge, and paid 7K for it because it was "on sale" by the time their house was built it was like half that price, and a year later was about 2K...

it will go down in price a TON by the time that MAN CAVE is yours!