The Hidden Face of Food *DISTURBING*

ama146

One time I was at a show and some animal rights group was there. Girl came up and asked me to sign a petition. I told her all I eat is meat. She said that's fine, they just wanted chickens treated the same as cows and pigs and whatnot. So I signed it with a fake name.

I get my meat from the grocery store where no animals are harmed.

Holly, you want to eat meat but want to make sure it was slaughtered humanely? Take your ass to a local farmer's market or drive up to the West Side Market and buy all your meat there. You can actually talk to the farmers directly and find out for yourself, plus you aren't buying into the big meatpacking conglomerates that raise livestock (chickens, especially) inhumanely. On top of that, the meat actually tastes better. Yes it will cost you more, but that's the price you pay, plus you're supporting local farmers and local butchers.

Holly, you want to eat meat but want to make sure it was slaughtered humanely? Take your ass to a local farmer's market or drive up to the West Side Market and buy all your meat there. You can actually talk to the farmers directly and find out for yourself, plus you aren't buying into the big meatpacking conglomerates that raise livestock (chickens, especially) inhumanely. On top of that, the meat actually tastes better. Yes it will cost you more, but that's the price you pay, plus you're supporting local farmers and local butchers.

I never said that.. I was commenting because of the stupidity that was brought up about veggies and animals being in the same "living" category..

Unfortunatly, that video is the absolute worst cases in those respective industries. I am not condoning these actions, they truthfully ,, make me ill. But this is the meat market that is our cultural existence.

We have been raised for so long on the pre-packed meats and poultry, that it is an unconcious act to just go to the store and purchase it.

Convience and profit are the driving forces behind that kind of treatment. Like that is a surprise statement, it is what it is.

And until our society changes to a non denominational financial base, this the future for our meat an poultry.

Sorry, just my $.02.

Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.

Greg