Nanovault 100 for $18

Casper

Casper- understandable. not me though, I don't forget combos very easily and I'd rather not have to hunt for a key before I can open the box in an emergency. Of course that is saying there is something locked in the box and not on my person. ;)

These are for your car, comes with a cable that you tether around the seat support. If the key is on your key ring and you need your keys for your car then you never.lose it. I have a combo one and don't like it, only 3 digits which makes 999 possible combos. Anyone with the patience and balls to keep trying.it will eventually get it. I would rather just have mine on me at all times but there are still places you must enter that don't allow ccw, like the dmv, courthouse, strip club etc...

These are for your car, comes with a cable that you tether around the seat support. If the key is on your key ring and you need your keys for your car then you never.lose it. I have a combo one and don't like it, only 3 digits which makes 999 possible combos. Anyone with the patience and balls to keep trying.it will eventually get it. I would rather just have mine on me at all times but there are still places you must enter that don't allow ccw, like the dmv, courthouse, strip club etc...

lol, how long would it take to go through 1000 (000 to 999) possibilities? The guy would pry the box open before that. lol

These are not that hard to defeat with physical force. A BG is not going to try all 999 values.

He either prys it open, or cuts the cable and prys it open later. Or decides its not worth the effort and moves on before someone notices. The lock mechanism won't matter.

When you use one you are hoping the prep is some dumbass that busted the window of your car with a brick to steal you radio and CD collection, and he doesn't have the tools or time to break the safe. Probably a good bet 9/10 times.

I figure a better use is the combo one in a bedroom so you have easy access to the weapon but children, dumb friends, or upset ex's can easy access them. :)

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

^ and it woudlnt be hard!!

these boxes are junk...theres a nice big gap in them, perfect size to put a pry bar in..and i bet it wont take much to bust the cheap chinese locks...once i replace mine with something better im going to bust open my nanovault to see just how much it actually takes ...i dont trust it at all, sometimes i feel safer hiding my gun somewhere in the vehicle while im at work instead of in that box lol

^ and it woudlnt be hard!!

these boxes are junk...theres a nice big gap in them, perfect size to put a pry bar in..and i bet it wont take much to bust the cheap chinese locks...once i replace mine with something better im going to bust open my nanovault to see just how much it actually takes ...i dont trust it at all, sometimes i feel safer hiding my gun somewhere in the vehicle while im at work instead of in that box lol

No gap on mine?

I think Jporter's had a gap but he was able to tighten it down IIRC

Yeah, it did. I mentioned it in the other thread that tbut mentioned, and it obviously didn't fix his problem. :(

The only problem I have with it is that it's a tight fit, even for my XD SC, with 2 mags. Somehow, I've managed to fit 2 compact and one full sized mag in there with the pistol, but it's less than ideal.