Want to do something wonderful for a stranger for Christmas?

Casper

That is awesome!

Reminds me of something I seen my cousin post on FB a few days ago not exactly the same same but still awesome.

Blocked off the entire highway coming home from work today... Ran into a funeral procession and noticed it was a fallen soldier finally coming home. Successfully blocked off 3 lanes with road rage filling up behind me. If only they realized the sacrifice the people driving infront of me were facing, maybe they would have shown some respect

My wife and I usually leave a couple waitresses $100 bill tips around Christmas. We make it a point to leave the tip as we are leaving. My grandma was a waitress for many years and I know how hard of a job it can be. Really I think its more of a remembrance for my grandmother than anything, we lived with her when I was little. Yes I grew up financially poor, but in a loving home so I wasn't poor. I haven't thought this year to give the $100 tips, because I'm not celebrating Christmas. I think after seeing this article I will have to keep the tradition this year.

Cliff's: If you do something nice, don't toot your own horn...

Matthew 6:1-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Matthew 6

Giving to the Poor

1 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry. Is this the thread where we all discuss how awesome we are at giving shit to people on a pagan holiday?

I give money to poor people' date=' but only in December. I mean, I know they could use it during the year, but making them wait until the very last bit is teaching them a lesson. Plus, I get to discuss how awesome I am at giving shit to people on a pagan holiday. #doinggodswork

Edit: This post isn't meant to disparage Ben's link. I think that was a good gesture from someone that had extra to give. I don't condemn her actions in any way. I wouldn't condemn her actions even if she didn't give any money. Charity is wonderful, but it's not just for Christmas.[/quote']

I don't think I'd ever post up, "hey, look at me, I just paid off some poor person's layaway". And neither did any of the people in the article. They only thing the one woman said was to remember Ben, and it's assumed that is her late husband.

My family was poor when I was young and my mother used layaway often. My father worked two jobs and finally worked his way into a job that paid him well enough to only have one job. He would have been pissed of if someone would have tried to pay his way for him. Times have changed I guess and holidays are for giving things that aren't necessary to people so you can make a difference when everyone is looking.

Our families give to various charities and don't seek recognition for it. This is just another stupid story being used by a news organization to get holiday people directed toward their advertisers. Bunch of suckers.

My family was poor when I was young and my mother used layaway often. My father worked two jobs and finally worked his way into a job that paid him well enough to only have one job. He would have been pissed of if someone would have tried to pay his way for him. Times have changed I guess and holidays are for giving things that aren't necessary to people so you can make a difference when everyone is looking.

Our families give to various charities and don't seek recognition for it. This is just another stupid story being used by a news organization to get holiday people directed toward their advertisers. Bunch of suckers.

You know, my dad was the same way. He probably would've been pissed if someone paid it for him. But I think my mom would've been grateful.

Justin needs to realize that no one here likes him including management. This is a conservative board and if your views are different from ours we don't want to hear them so you can go discuss your liberal agenda in R&R by yourself.

Not true at all. I simply don't like the fact he chose this thread to continue to stir the pot. I appreciate everyone's views. Without differences America wouldn't exist. It is who we are. However that's not what he's about. Justin is more concerned with starting shit than with expressing his true views on things. He's a self proclaimed troll. I've actually stood up for that guy more than anyone will ever know because I realize he's just trolling for his own personal amusement. Others don't see it that way.