I'm purchasing an '08 ZX14 today.

NinjaNick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats man. and rememer be kind break it in right, you will get happier in the long run.

i have rode a 14 and its pretty freaking amazing to say the least. pin it and it feels like someone has grabed u by the belt and wants u off of it lol!

yea i don't know how you do it man. i would have kept it at the dealership, so i wouldn't be tempted to take it out on the streets right now. congrats on the new 14. i think that is the first 14 on the board right?

Temptation is killing me man. It's sitting in the garage with a full tank and "0" miles. It is sooooooo comfy too. I'm jonesing to feel some insane power too! My neighborhood streets still have ice and snow all over it though, so that prevents me from leaving on it.

I am the only 14 on the board I think.:cool:

Holy shit it is cold! I went 2miles from my home because I just HAD to. I shoveled the ice away from the end of the driveway so I could squeeze though it. Because of the salt/sand on the road and it being in the 20's I would've been stupid to hammer it hard. But I will say the torque is INSANE and I haven't even tapped into it. Torque is down low too! I got to 6k rpm MOST at half throttle and it was already faster than the 636. I just laughed my ass off in my helmet. It's going to be an interesting experience this summer for sure. Oh....IT IS AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE! I felt like I was sitting straight up compare to the 636! I will have endurance this year! :)

That is my little 2 mile ride report.

Break it in slow, bike is slow. Break it in hard, bike produces much more power. Cycling rpms from high to low constantly is best break in. Everything seats the best. There is a link on here too that was posted on it. I never break anything in, but my alcohol tolerance. ;)

Here you go kawikid, click the link in the 1st post of this here thread: http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=3527

Or....

Just go right to it...

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

i have read that before. but honestly i dont understand why would a manufacture reccommend it if its not needed? im thinking long term and there is prob another article out there completely contradicting me and one totally agreeing with me.

my experience and i know its just my experience but my kawi i broke in properly, but my buddy didnt do so hot following procedeure. now his bike is using tons of anti-freeze, where as i havent had to add a drop yet. and i have heard of this on more than once occasion.

but like you said to each his own. i didnt get to see that article since it was posted before my time here on this board. and no matter how you break it in you have one bad ass bike for sure and to make it all better its a kawi............... so we are like family. lol

When I ordered my LeoVince exhaust I called the LeoVince Techs to ask them a few questions...and the guy ended up telling me the correct may to break in the bike was more like what NinjaNick is saying. The LeoVince guy actually said the dealership will say take it easy until the first oil change at like 500mi (which they did), but he continued to say there is more that needs to go into breaking in a bike for the best performance. Maybe it's just an after market thing....? :dunno:

Thanks fusion. It would be nice to have some good pics of me and my new bike; especially riding pictures. :)

Yeah, they started a myspace for advertising and are starting to put customer pictures up on it. www.myspace.com/clintoncountymotorsports

They have a customer wall at the store too.