Winter Ride... who needs winter gear? :p

OsuMj

what! never heard of them, that sounds awesome. I have been wearing leggings under my pants and that's been doing a decent job.

I can't find a decent picture of them online, but yeah they are great, we got two pairs,

one for me and one for Melissa. Got one of them from Walmart and the other from Meijer.

They are in the mens section. Nice and thick, keep you very warm and would probably do

a fairly good job of holding up in a slide, at least maybe a little longer then normal jeans.

As others mentioned, you can probably find them at places like Gander Mountain too but

they are gonna be more expensive there.

You can get fleece, flannel, or 100gm Thinsulate lined jeans. 24-35 bucks usually.

Old Navy, Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, Carhartt, LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, Berne, Gap, Grizzly Ikes, Land's End, Prana, Ralph Lauren, etc. Carhartt, Levis, Dickies and Wranglers make them.

I've been meaning to try them myself, just never got around to it.

I mostly just go for really good gloves and boots, lightweight thermal, sweater, and a leather jacket.

And I'll bring along a thin balaclava for the face, just in case I want it.

And you know I'll ride any time there is no salt, and sometimes when there is.

Although that one 150 mile trip at 34F did chill me to the bone in my legs...

It was 70F when I rode back... riding past the snow and still frozen ponds...

s7_917912_173_02?rgn=0,0,879,2000&scl=5.2631578947368425&fmt=jpeg&id=1KOthmUCYAFfM6yzxurmDO

Carbela's ladie's fleece lined - sold out

Gloves were my biggest downfall. I could layer up top and bottom no problem but once my hands would get cold it was game over. Also, a good balaclava makes a HUGE difference in warmth too

^All of this:)

...and these are amazing. Olympia Cold Throttle Glove

d4emp.jpg

Edited by hue jass