HDMI cable

ohiomike

I'm not happy with the micro USB cables that I got from them. The other cables I've seen from them are good though.

I haven't bought any usb cables but they generally have multiple selections for each type of cable. I never by the low end, usually op for their high end cables which are still damn cheap.

OhioMike has taught/reinforced a lesson us men should have learned a loooong time ago:

Don't send the wife out shopping for things about which they know nothing.

For that, we all owe OhioMike a debt of gratitude. :bow:

no shit right?!?

Also, OR is the best and I'm glad you understood that there is no need to sell overpriced junk here. If I needed an HDMI cable, I'd gladly take simplysix diseased cable. I've always been known to play a little disease roulette with my life

no shit right?!?

Also, OR is the best and I'm glad you understood that there is no need to sell overpriced junk here. If I needed an HDMI cable, I'd gladly take simplysix diseased cable. I've always been known to play a little disease roulette with my life

Thanks Bad, and dont worry, its still sealed in the package so my "disease" isnt on it. I really do have a disease though, symptoms include "shitting" on threads where people try to sell things for 2x what its worth, and getting annoyed with ignorance. Watch out, i hear its contagious

Having a friend that works at Best Buy = $60 HDMI cables for $5-$8 apiece.

Cables are one of the single most profitable items for stores like Best Buy.

The mark up is HUGE!!!

That's because they (and I) have to make the profit SOMEWHERE. Thanks to the box store whores like best buy and Walmart, there is no profit LEFT on what used to be big profit items like flat screen TV's. After shipping, it's actually CHEAPER for me (as someone in the business with access to wholesale pricing and tax exempt) to buy TV's at Best Buy than it is from my normal vendors/distributors. What's that say for profit margins? So yeah, I DO make a profit on cables, remotes, speakers, etc and I don't apologize for it.

NoBama 2012

no shit right?!?

LOL, man I have to agree this site is great. So I am guilty of just trying to sell a cable I bought from bestbuy for too much, unknowingly. I put a price on it less than half what I paid, and usually most people I have dealt with expect to haggle the price. I never really figured to get what I thought it might be worth. And instead of someone just pm'ing me about the price deal, I get links showing where people can get cables cheaper? On any other site I deal with that kind of bs is considered by admins to be a bullshit action. A couple of them would give offending members a warning. Guess not here tho. Instead it becomes a frenzy trying to make me look like I am trying to screw someone.

I wasn't pissed about the money but rather the way it came down. So maybe I was wrong about this site. Or is it just the members? But the members make the site most of what it is, so go figure.

When I deal with someone I try and show them respect but not when they start shitting on me right out of the gate. Something I would never do to someones 'for sale' thread.

Go ahead and blaze away, make yourselves feel good. :rolleyes:

I started a thread awhile back about shitting in FS threads, and most people agreed it's in bad form.

There's very little moderation here, which I personally think is a good thing; it allows for a freer exchange of ideas.

You were way overpriced, but should have been told privately and been allowed to adjust it. In your defense, you had no idea. In Shawn's defense, he was just looking out for fellow ORdN members.

Offsetting penalties, no loss of yards, remains second down.

*edit: ohiomike, you changed that ugly avatar... :lol:

although I feel if some moron were to buy anything without hitting the internet and doing some quick research its their fault for overpaying. So in this case someone was just pointing a suggestion to a better price. I certainly don't see the harm in that. Its an education for everyone involved. Open up your mind and heart and you'll see it wasn't originally intended in a negative manner

told ya I got a new one in package for free

saw this thread after i ordered....:nono:

i ordered the 3 i needed and then realized i actually needed a fourth, so i placed a separate order for the 4th, i would have definitely taken you up on yours if i had seen it before i ordered my fourth

if nobody else needs it though, i could use it..we need one more for our living room that i just now remembered

we've been switching cords around for each device in the house for awhile...im sick of it so i ordered an hdmi hub and some cables last night so i can finally just plug everything in and not have to switch cords around every time i want to use something

if nobody else needs it let me know, ill give it to my girl so she can hook up her blu ray in her bedroom and ill take the one i ordered for her and put it in my living room for the bluray there so we dont have to transfer it back and forth between the xbox lol

Edited by Steve Butters

You got screwed. Shoulda searched harder. Coulda found them for $1.86 that you found on the highway.

you know, I'm not so sure I'd trust a $3 cable though. something just says to me if it's that cheap it's for a reason.

just like all the wall mounts on amazon for tv's. yeah they're $12 when other ones sell for $50-150. most of the reviews for those mounts say the damn thing wont hold the tv in the postition they put it in. it sags over night etc. lol

I think I seen a device not long ago that said it comes with a cable. so I guess the gig is up for everyone and they're starting to put them in the box with the shit you buy. I always found it ridiculous that a tv or dvd player didn't come with a hdmi cable.

if you ask me someone was breaking some kind of anti-trust laws or circumventing them with the super high price of them.

also if you ever look at buying a blue ray player that plays streaming internet content make sure it has the wifi built in if you need it to be wifi. the player has to use that brands wifi adapter. (the player only works with their adapter) and they want $70+ for a $10 wifi adapter.

Edited by serpentracer

you know, I'm not so sure I'd trust a $3 cable though. something just says to me if it's that cheap it's for a reason.

there is hundreds of positive reviews on them where people say they work great....for $3 its worth a shot lol...the hub has a plug for 3 devices, so instead of using 2 like my tv has i can plug in 4 things...whichever has power is the one the hub switches to, and i can switch it manually between them...so if i have a computer, xbox, and bluray plugged in - whichever i power on first is the one that displays on the tv....this thing had good reviews too and cost me $8...amazon always has cheap electronics...i have several $.01 phone chargers from there and they all charge my phones too

just like all the wall mounts on amazon for tv's. yeah they're $12 when other ones sell for $50-150. most of the reviews for those mounts say the damn thing wont hold the tv in the postition they put it in. it sags over night etc. lol

this is the beauty of reading customer reviews! lol...i wouldnt trust a thousand dollar tv on a chinese $12 wall mount that sags

if you ask me someone was breaking some kind of anti-trust laws or circumventing them with the super high price of them.

price gouging due to people needing the cables...thats all it is....just like text books...800 page harry potter book is $20, but a 300 page text book for school is $150....explain that shit to me? if i ever snap and go insane, im going to mcgraw-hill and taking as many of them with me as i can lol

also if you ever look at buying a blue ray player that plays streaming internet content make sure it has the wifi built in if you need it to be wifi. the player has to use that brands wifi adapter. (the player only works with their adapter) and they want $70+ for a $10 wifi adapter.

got one for christmas as a present, went to use it and it said i needed an adapter....grabbed an old Dell one i had and plugged it in...no dice, has to be a samsung one...what a racket, its the same thing...never priced them out, had no idea they were so expensive...i dont need the wifi, i have my xbox that does all the same stuff, was just going to hook it up "just because"