Need a truck bumper. Suggestions?

max power

I had a horrendous 10 MPH crash nearly bruising our Fearless Leader amongst other sober revelers on the way to a drunkening last Monday.

2011-12-26_15-13-22_827.jpg

I now need a bumper bar in chrome for a 2001-2006 Suburban/Tahoe/pickup. Its GM part number is 12336026.

The local dealer wants $400 for it. :eek: The Fleabay has them for $155 shipped, but i dont want a POS that will be rusty next year and I cant seem to find any good ones from a junkyard for anything less than a new one. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have the hook up on GM parts or know of any GOOD aftermarket brands?

make it look Diesel!

http://www.buckstop.biz/chevy1500_99-04_suburban_tahoe.html

(dont mind the price)

Yeah, not interested in a $2000 bumper.

You need more than just the chrome bar. The brackets need replaced also. Try this site to get the complete bumper asy. I use it at the shop all the time.

http://www.car-part.com/

^ They are the ones that want $700 for a used bumper.

I had a buddy check it over who is in the biz. the tabs are slightly bent, but the brackets are fine. They are welded on anyways. Not much to bend, except the frame.

The Fleabay has them for $155 shipped, but i dont want a POS that will be rusty next year and I cant seem to find any good ones from a junkyard for anything less than a new one. :rolleyes:

When I bought my Silverado it had a cheap-ass bumper on it that I couldn't keep from rusting. I picked one up on eBay and no rust. It's been 3 1/2 years. There are no pick-up truck parts at junkyards - far as I could look. The stock part is very expensive. I bought a new rear one, too. No rust. Just use chrome polish on it a couple times a year. 2¢:)

• Upvote 1

When I bought my Silverado it had a cheap-ass bumper on it that I couldn't keep from rusting. I picked one up on eBay and no rust. It's been 3 1/2 years. There are no pick-up truck parts at junkyards - far as I could look. The stock part is very expensive. I bought a new rear one, too. No rust. Just use chrome polish on it a couple times a year. 2¢:)

Do you remember what brand it was?

I have done bussiness with these guys before. always had good service and parts
Use them all the time at work. We also get a pretty decent cut off dealership prices to.
+4 lkq

That's who we used a lot when I worked as a mechanic. Always great service and prices.