Build me a new computer for work

Carwhore

I need a new computer at work. I want to build one so i get the best/cheapest route.

Looking to spend $500.

Doing a lot of uploading pictures, and editing programs. So it's really not going to get worked to hard. The rest of the time is on OR :D

Our system has to run XP. That's another reason i want to build us one. All the new stuff is on 7.

Ok build me one! IDK shit about this.

Does it <have> to run XP? Most (not all, but most) programs that run under XP run just fine under 7.

Since this is for a business, you'd likely want to have some sort of warranty, which a homebrew system isn't going to have.

I'd suggest looking at a Dell - should be able to find sufficient power for < $500

If you get something with 7 pre-installed, I can put XP on it (assuming you try and fail to get your current program(s) to work under 7.

Also, your list of parts is missing a case...

Does it <have> to run XP? Most (not all, but most) programs that run under XP run just fine under 7.

Since this is for a business, you'd likely want to have some sort of warranty, which a homebrew system isn't going to have.

I'd suggest looking at a Dell - should be able to find sufficient power for < $500

If you get something with 7 pre-installed, I can put XP on it (assuming you try and fail to get your current program(s) to work under 7.

Also, your list of parts is missing a case...

got a plenty of cases around here. This is my computer that needs upgraded, everyone else has a new one now.

I was looking at dell's too. Its to my understanding this program/system has to run on xp only. all of the other newer computers are still on it.

Name/version # of program? I will bet your next paycheck it'll work on 7. And if it doesn't, I volunteer to come back-rev it to XP. If the other machines are all XP, then might as well have them all the same.

Micro-Renter has a Dell on their landing page for $350. If you want/need a TB of disk, you'd need to add that too it (comes with 500 GB).