BT 023 tires??

bendougcarl

been doing a little search as im in need of new rubber... i do mostly freeway riding commuting to work and back... but occasionally like to run through some twisties as well... i need a tire that will give me plenty of miles and have good grip in the leans as well... does anyone have any experience with the Bridgestone 023's?? thats what i think imma go with unless someone changes my mind...... i ride a 99 r1

I was running BT016's on my Ninja 1000, OEM tires, they were a good tire, I only seen about 3K miles out of the front and rear though.

I switched to the BT023 for more mileage, so far they have been a good tire, at least for the 2500 miles they have seen on the N1K...freeway, plenty of curves, & less than perfect weather conditions too.

Normally I run Michelin tires, but for the cost of a set of BT023's, they were worth a try, I am not at all disappointed with my choice so far.

Try a set, I think you will be surprised how good of a tire they are for the cost...

The 023 are total shit tires, at least on a heavy powerful sport touring bike.........best of luck.

my brother will outride guys on his FZ6 with those tires all day long. they're running anything from full race tires to sport touring tires.

and no one is usually able to hang with him. he rides them that hard. including me. he said they squirm around a bit but he likes it.

my brother will outride guys on his FZ6 with those tires all day long. they're running anything from full race tires to sport touring tires.

and no one is usually able to hang with him. he rides them that hard. including me. he said they squirm around a bit but he likes it.

The issues with them are well documented on the Concour 14 forums and the FJR forums, they cup and feather badly with horrible mileage. I am sure they work fine with a lighter bike, but I am also going with my experiences with them as well. The absolute best high mileage and great handling all weather tires on the market currently are as follows: Pilot road 2 and 3, Dunlop Roadsmarts, Pirelli Angels ST. I did however love the Bridgestone Battlewings on my Vstrom, they were excellent.

The issues with them are well documented on the Concour 14 forums and the FJR forums, they cup and feather badly with horrible mileage. I am sure they work fine with a lighter bike, but I am also going with my experiences with them as well. The absolute best high mileage and great handling all weather tires on the market currently are as follows: Pilot road 2 and 3, Dunlop Roadsmarts, Pirelli Angels ST. I did however love the Bridgestone Battlewings on my Vstrom, they were excellent.

yeah with the weight of one of those I guess so. but the R1 which the op has doesn't weight much more if any than a FZ6.

thx for all the input!! the BT023's are dual compound... guy at iron pony said should get 6-8k out of em.. i ride 100 miles round trip when i ride to work.. dont think the Q2's would last long and with the price of the BT's imma give em a try

You could get more than that depending on how hard you push and burnouts. I did a few small burnouts, went on csba rides monthly, and commute to work on my BT-021's and after 9k miles the rear still had plenty of life left. the BT-023's i would image get even more miles.