Awesome technology

chevysoldier

I believe windows 8 due out this summer is geared toward this kind of touch screen tech that is the future of computers.

Yes, touch screen. And not just tablets and phones, I guess. There might be a swing toward touch screen desktop monitors. More money to spend...

Windows 8 on a desktop will look like... a tablet or phone.

Holy shit! Imagine this as a huge bay window in your living room, your friends come over for the big game to watch your 100" tv you claim you have but when they walk in there is no tv... Or is there?? BAM! Your bay window turns into your fucking tv!!! How awesome would that be?!?!

Edited by JStump

My wife is in the window industry and I.have seen all kinds of stuff they want to attempt with glass. It doesn't stop with the windows of your house either. You car, coffee table, anything that has glass in it can be used with this new smart glass.

til you spill your coffee, it malfunctions and BAM, your windows go black while doing 70 on the freeway.:wtf:

mine are black anyways :confused:

oh, and i imagine these windows will look awful from outside since theyre only one-way....just a thin tablet thats window sized it seems like, with a camera on it to make it appear transparent

pretty stupid really....make house look like shit, cant open for fresh spring air...pass

mine are black anyways :confused:

oh, and i imagine these windows will look awful from outside since theyre only one-way....just a thin tablet thats window sized it seems like, with a camera on it to make it appear transparent

pretty stupid really....make house look like shit, cant open for fresh spring air...pass

Well your not really going to open a window that big anyway, it's like a bay window. I'm sure you will have other windows in the room you can open. And I think the window is transparent from the outside unless you turn the blinds on. Everything on the screen however would not be viewable from the outside. Not sure if that's how this particular window works but this is how I imagine it could work.