Dayton folks: Where would be a good place for an OR meet and greet?

Casper

172.jpg

Colonel Glenn Highway, Beavercreek???

Something we don't have here in central Ohio or elsewhere in the state would be preferable. Any ma & pa type places? Something off the beaten path that's really good?

Something we don't have here in central Ohio or elsewhere in the state would be preferable. Any ma & pa type places? Something off the beaten path that's really good?

I remember a BBQ place in Dayton that was really good, but cant remember the name :(

There some good italian food.

Jimmy's is very affordable italian (wine but no beer). (http://jimmysitaliankitchen.com/)

I fucking love Tank's Bar and Grill, the burgers and fries are great..not sure if they compare to Thurman's but you dont have to wait three hours like Thurmans. This place has/had Great Lakes Xmas ale on tap! (http://www.tanksbarandgrill.com/)

South Park Tavern has good food and beer as well (http://southparktavern.com/)

Thai 9 is downtown and the locals love it. Nice atmosphere, full bar, good thai, average sushi. (http://www.thai9restaurant.com/Main.html)

Edited by ohdaho
  • Upvote 1

What about Miller Lane? Has to over a dozen good eat joints there between Little York and Benchwood - Or there is Hickory River in Tipp City, good BBQ and they got a lot of fresh smoked everything......kind of like an "eat-in meat market" and not too much further north of Dayton

What about Miller Lane? Has to over a dozen good eat joints there between Little York and Benchwood - Or there is Hickory River in Tipp City, good BBQ and they got a lot of fresh smoked everything......kind of like an "eat-in meat market" and not too much further north of Dayton

I'm with ya on miller lane, plenty of parking everywhere too, I'll check around tomorrow on my way thru

Sent from my iPhone using SIRI

Young's Jersey Dairy

2 mi. South of I70 & 68

Huge parking lot, 2 different restraunts to choose from.

From Columbus proper, about 35 min, from Dayton about 15 min.

I can even set dates considering I have a friend that manages it.

www.youngsdairy.com

Lots of great roads from that point on.

My $.02.

RSA,

Greg

Chicken Louie's on main? Gotta go late though. That's when all the entertainment starts. I haven't been there snce I use to close down the oregon district. Ooo to be young and dumb. All seriousness. What about little York tavern? Easy access from 70.

Edited by 20thGix
  • Upvote 1

I love Tanks as well. Great beer selection and really good food. I think some of you missed the "local" flavor part Ben was asking for. Only downside of Tanks is the craptastic parking situation they have.

Jack-Ass Flats is actually a pretty decent bar off season, as it would be for this outing. Really big place, plenty of parking...beer (Fosters, it for some reason believes itself to be an Australian bar?) out of a Mason jar LOL. Their food isn't that bad either.

Hinder's in Troy is a good bar with really good wings. You also have Dunaway's which has good food and decent beer.

I love Tanks as well. Great beer selection and really good food. I think some of you missed the "local" flavor part Ben was asking for. Only downside of Tanks is the craptastic parking situation they have.

Jack-Ass Flats is actually a pretty decent bar off season, as it would be for this outing. Really big place, plenty of parking...beer (Fosters, it for some reason believes itself to be an Australian bar?) out of a Mason jar LOL. Their food isn't that bad either.

Hinder's in Troy is a good bar with really good wings. You also have Dunaway's which has good food and decent beer.

Never heard of tanks...where is it?

Hinders has really bad service and parking.