Dayton folks: Where would be a good place for an OR meet and greet?

Casper

The freaking hamburger wagon! I grew up walking there and getting two burgers like every other day... Realistically, it's supposed to be "dayton." If you want the middle, try middletown... If the city hasn't gone bankrupt yet..

The freaking hamburger wagon! I grew up walking there and getting two burgers like every other day... Realistically, it's supposed to be "dayton." If you want the middle, try middletown... If the city hasn't gone bankrupt yet..

There's a few good places around Middletown. Rode to a place on New years day with about 20 other bikes.

a69360ec-eb8e-125d.jpg

plenty of parking in the back lot

Edited by TheBrown57

They have a few locations great pizza ...

Worked there for four years, and STILL my favorite pizza. Pizza, subs, sandwiches. About 4-5 draft beers and lots of bottles and cans, but all mainstream stuff.

I wouldn't argue with Marions. Not at all. Although its not necessarily a sit and stay kind of place like a bar, pub, or "sports bar" (little york tavern) might be. They probably would reserve a section for us, though.

Worked there for four years, and STILL my favorite pizza. Pizza, subs, sandwiches. About 4-5 draft beers and lots of bottles and cans, but all mainstream stuff.

I wouldn't argue with Marions. Not at all. Although its not necessarily a sit and stay kind of place like a bar, pub, or "sports bar" (little york tavern) might be. They probably would reserve a section for us, though.

We have our christmas party there every year and we stay for hours...but it is also cash only. I do think the tavern is the best place for something like this. They have good food too...

which one did you work at? we usually go to the one in centerville.

It seems that Little York Tavern has all the things were looking for.

-Good Food

-Full Bar

-Plenty of parking

-Enough room inside

-Easy for all to get to (@ the 70-75 interchange)

-Cincy, Lima and Columbus is about the same drive

At some point we have to pick a place so Casper can set a date or whatever he has to do. Or this will turn into a where a good place to eat in the Dayton area thread and some will still be wondering why there isnt a Dayton meet and greet. I'm sure there are better places to eat but this place seems to fit the bill. Its not like were settling on Golden Corral.

What about somethng like a Tilted Kilt or Hooters, lots of local talent to enjoy !

Every city has those. The point in a successful meet and greet that brings people in from other areas you wouldn't normally meet is to have them at a place that is unique to your area to give others a reason to make the trip.

Another thing to consider,many bring their family and Hooters and such is only really a draw to 18 to 22 year olds and pedophiles because the food sucks. So between it being a chain and a pedo joint you just lost half your attendance.

Also to all that keep mentioning having a bar. Keep in mind these are done in spring around lunchtime so all can ride. The majority of us will not ride and drink nor ride with those that are. This is not a poker run for the Harley crowd. Carry on.

Meet and greets are not invite only. They are set up then posted for all to come. If you want one too put one together in Cinncy or go to Dayton either way they are PUBLIC and ANYONE can put one together. Why do people that want them sit back and wait for someone else to set it up? Build it and they will come.

damn peanut butter rule

this people, every bit of what MT says. I didn't really think it was such a difficult thing to understand?

• Upvote 1

Also to all that keep mentioning having a bar. Keep in mind these are done in spring around lunchtime so all can ride. The majority of us will not ride and drink nor ride with those that are. This is not a poker run for the Harley crowd. Carry on.

I think he is wanting to do this late Feb. early March. So i would assume that 99% of the people would drive thier car. Pfloydgad seems like the 1% thats hardcore enough to ride. Sure i would rather be able to ride to this but i dont see that happening around that timeframe. I am under the impression that we meet-greet-eat then head home. Or the Dixie strip tittie bars.:D

Where would be a good place for an OR meet and greet in the Dayton area? Thinking of doing something in late February/early March. Good food is a must.
I think he is wanting to do this late Feb. early March. So i would assume that 99% of the people would drive thier car. Pfloydgad seems like the 1% thats hardcore enough to ride. Sure i would rather be able to ride to this but i dont see that happening around that timeframe. I am under the impression that we meet-greet-eat then head home. Or the Dixie strip tittie bars.:D

Yeah, I don't care if it has a bar or not, but if it's cold I probably won't slab to Dayton. I'll drive, and I'll probably have a beer or two. I'm mostly interested in good food that isn't a chain and is kid/family friendly.

It seems that Little York Tavern has all the things were looking for.

-Good Food

-Full Bar

-Plenty of parking

-Enough room inside

-Easy for all to get to (@ the 70-75 interchange)

-Cincy, Lima and Columbus is about the same drive

At some point we have to pick a place so Casper can set a date or whatever he has to do. Or this will turn into a where a good place to eat in the Dayton area thread and some will still be wondering why there isnt a Dayton meet and greet. I'm sure there are better places to eat but this place seems to fit the bill. Its not like were settling on Golden Corral.

Yep this should be the place! We can do rides and meet at some of the other places mentioned this spring or summer.

which one did you work at? we usually go to the one in centerville.

I worked at Beavercreek, and sometimes floated to Shroyer Rd (Ket/ Oakwood). It was cool cuz my girlfriend at the time worked at Shroyer, so we'd get to hang out together. Wonder where she is now....

That was in the mid to late '80s. Good place to work back then. Kept me fed through my first couple of years of college.