Project Rising Phoenix

Bad324

• 2 weeks later...

the Phoenix took her first flight in my possession and first impression is either something is off or I don't like it. It was supposedly wheelied once and that caused the wreck to low slide it and require the new body work and case covers. My knowledge is limited how to check these things and it will be going to DucRX soon to tell me just how dumb a purchase it might have been

Something seems off with handling or something else? I know it is hard to pinpoint things like that, but it could just be something as simple as setting suspension settings back to stock or a steering damper adjustment

I don't think the stock Honda dampers are adjustable.

Was it handling/suspension or engine/shifting? Tire pressures good?

To my knowledge the stock dampers are not adjustable, however, if you are coming from not having one it might feel like something is off at low speed. Stock dampers suck generally but you can change the oil to try and compensate.

Something seems off with handling or something else? I know it is hard to pinpoint things like that, but it could just be something as simple as setting suspension settings back to stock or a steering damper adjustment

Handling wise. Runs and shifts like a beauty. I did not check the tire pressure today however Sunday I checked them and they were fine.

To my knowledge the stock dampers are not adjustable, however, if you are coming from not having one it might feel like something is off at low speed. Stock dampers suck generally but you can change the oil to try and compensate.

I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes these things but I'm trying to learn as I go. I've never had a bike with a stock damper before so I figured it would have a little different feel but the issue I was finding that when making a left lean its like the front end/bars were fighting me. When I would go for a right turn and lean right its like the front end wanted to turn in more than I wanted and take me into the curb. I don't think I was over 30mph on any of these because it was in my neighborhood and I felt ridiculously unstable about it

Hmm check your forks for straightness maybe ? Im not an expert but a guess. Maybe just not used to it ?

those were my first 2 thoughts as well. I'll just take it to Pauly and let him inspect the thing over like I was planning and sit there with him so I can learn more. Its just weird because of the bikes I've had it never felt like that and knowing it was laid down my first thought was ok wtf is wrong with this thing

Did the bike track straight when hands off on a straightaway?

I think. The bars wiggled just a bit back and forth but it was smooth and not jerky so I just assumed to attribute that to the stock damper. I could be very wrong on that though?

Also, when I first got going from a stop sign it seemed like it was wanting to pull to the left but I can't say for certain if it was rider error or not because I didn't really notice it after a few stop and go's

:lol: the bike isn't the only one that needs to be checked for straightness

:lol: i hate you so much right now but god dammit I respect you

• 4 weeks later...

well decided to play around with it today and go with the easy troubleshooting first. Reset the steering damper and inflated the tires and it seems a lot better now. I think those 2 factors combined with not being on a supersport since learning how to ride better were the cause of the problems I was feeling

• 1 month later...