Megaupload shut down

TheBrown57

except the people who own the proxy server. if they are in the US, then they can easily be subpoenaed. many in the US will fold just from a letter from attorneys. some will require a subpoena. try to find one based in ukraine or something.

if you really want to get jiggy with the anonymity, look into TOR

Edited by John

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around here. A peer blocker only blocks ip's that are already on a blacklist so if someone wants to find you then its not that difficult to bypass those measures. Also, pretty much any free proxy (tor included) will not mask you enough to be hidden from prying eyes. If you don't believe me, try to enter a contest where it uses unique id's to distinguish visitors with some simple free proxy with foxyproxy or something and you won't get more hits. The best way to stay under the radar is to stay away from popular/public/new things.

Twc did the same thing to a friend of mine. Easy solution: use a command line decrypt to break your neighbors wep key and beam off his router.
I have no idea what you just said

He is saying you should crack your neighbors inherently insecure wifi password and use their internet. You are probably on a million watch lists, of which downloading is on the lower end of the importance scale. Generally an ISP will send out 2-3 warnings before they refuse to carry you anymore.

So, how does the government seize all of this stuff without them even going to court yet? Is that how this normally works? :confused:
It is "evidence", so everything gets snatched up immediately. Its easier to ask forgiveness than get permission.
5600+ Anonymous DDoS blasting away... probably the largest attack ever implemented...
You would be surprised what China does...

Say you have dsl and every time you reset your modem you get a new IP, would they be able to track that? Because that's how my Internet works and I can get like 30 different IPs a day if I wanted just by doing that. I often use that to circumvent the wait periods streaming and download sites implement.

Say you have dsl and every time you reset your modem you get a new IP, would they be able to track that? Because that's how my Internet works and I can get like 30 different IPs a day if I wanted just by doing that. I often use that to circumvent the wait periods streaming and download sites implement.

That works?

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around here. A peer blocker only blocks ip's that are already on a blacklist so if someone wants to find you then its not that difficult to bypass those measures. Also, pretty much any free proxy (tor included) will not mask you enough to be hidden from prying eyes. If you don't believe me, try to enter a contest where it uses unique id's to distinguish visitors with some simple free proxy with foxyproxy or something and you won't get more hits. The best way to stay under the radar is to stay away from popular/public/new things.

He is saying you should crack your neighbors inherently insecure wifi password and use their internet. You are probably on a million watch lists, of which downloading is on the lower end of the importance scale. Generally an ISP will send out 2-3 warnings before they refuse to carry you anymore.

I can barely crack my own passwords yet alone someone else.

The top one must be how we need to win the Armslist contest.

Well contests are not a good way to prove this because contests typically put a cookie on your computer that says you voted and is not based on IP.

Filesonic is gone. No longer available from the USA. edit: Filesonic no longer exists...

Uploaded.to says no longer available in the USA.

Unibytes gives an error. People think it's blocking USA.

The question is how well will cloud computing work if it gets shut down? heh...

Edited by ReconRat

If you haven't noticed yet. Today and tonight, most of the download websites have shut down, or changed, or started deleting files and accounts.

An article here at TorrentFreak:

Cyberlocker Ecosystem Shocked As Big Players Take Drastic Action

And a list from another source:

MegaUpload

Closed.

FileServe

Deleting multiple files. Closed affiliate program.

FileJungle

(Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.

UploadStation

(Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.

FileSonic

Sharing disabled. Closed affiliate program. Deleting files and accounts.

VideoBB

Closed affiliate program.

Uploaded.to

Banned USA IP addresses.

FilePost

Started suspending accounts with infringing material (doing what Hotfile did)

VideoZer

Closed affiliate program.

4shared

Deleting multiple files.

Wupload

Many accounts disabled.

East European & former Soviet Union countries based file sharing services are working as usual :-)

Cloud computing isn't about sharing, it's your own data that you personally use, most of the sharing sites are just turning into personal storage sites not and disabling the sharing aspect.

Just read an Apple iCloud article. Sounds like most cloud sharing allows sharing with friends, relatives, etc. But iCloud so far hasn't said anything, so currently it's no sharing. iCloud is also currently limited to compatible Apple product files only. Although they've just released an API for everyone else to "be compatible". some files like PDF, might never be usable in the iCloud.

funny-Megaupload-owner-fat.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/megaupload-users-may-lose-their-data-20120131-1qqdn.html

Its all a sham; US had authority to act because some servers are/were in Virginia even though its a Hong Kong based company. That apparently gives them the right to not only shut them down globally, but now they are trying to "erase" all the data.

funny-Megaupload-owner-fat.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/megaupload-users-may-lose-their-data-20120131-1qqdn.html

Its all a sham; US had authority to act because some servers are/were in Virginia even though its a Hong Kong based company. That apparently gives them the right to not only shut them down globally, but now they are trying to "erase" all the data.

The US government isn't deleting anything. The companies hosting the data might start deleting things due to unpaid bills. Cogent is one of the companies involved. I forget the name of the other. The government has nothing to do with it. FYI.

I don't know what happened to the photo I linked to, but it has since been replaced by a blank image. http://themetapicture.com/we-live-in-a-messed-up-world/

The US government isn't deleting anything. The companies hosting the data might start deleting things due to unpaid bills. Cogent is one of the companies involved. I forget the name of the other. The government has nothing to do with it. FYI.

They are not deleting the data at all, but it is the direct result of their actions. The data is unreachable and taking up space on servers that cannot be paid for with frozen accounts. I also don't doubt government pressure on Carpathia and Cogent is playing a role