Joe Pa passes

Pfloydgad

Well.......considering that many NCAA football and basketball coaches are the closest thing to a Father that some of these young men have had, I would for sure say you are wrong in your assessment.

Don't confuse the NCAA or Penn State football with a charity. Penn State didn't give football scholorships to help out troubled kids. The football program was a huge money making machine http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/41931/penn-state-is-b1gs-most-valuable-team

There was a football type charity in that area though. I think it was run by a guy named Jerry...

Edited by Tpoppa

Last time I checked none of us walked on water, the man did many great things, none of us know the whole story, what Joe did or didn't do is no concern now the man has passed. May we celebrate the what he has not only done for Penn state but college as a whole.

The university needed to save face, so who else to fire then then the "face" of Penn state. I don't know what Joe did when he found out about jerry sandusky but what the media tells us is only part of the story I'm sure, and even then he went to his chain of command and informed them of what he knew, so if that's what happened then the AD is to blame

Last time I checked none of us walked on water, the man did many great things, none of us know the whole story, what Joe did or didn't do is no concern now the man has passed. May we celebrate the what he has not only done for Penn state but college as a whole.

The university needed to save face, so who else to fire then then the "face" of Penn state. I don't know what Joe did when he found out about jerry sandusky but what the media tells us is only part of the story I'm sure, and even then he went to his chain of command and informed them of what he knew, so if that's what happened then the AD is to blame

We don't know what he did do but we definitely know what he didn't do. If we can quantify how many people you have to positively influence versus little boys that get raped and don't say anything, then we can determine how great joe pa really was

• Upvote 1

I posted a facebook post about this and had the same reaction as this thread holds. I am glad I did and really enjoyed the results on FB. I really dont give a fuck either way, what did he do for me? Nothing. He may have been good to some people and built a legacy, but that one huge mistake was enough for me to give up on him, forever.

But carry on this is another good read as my FB thread was.

We don't know what he did do but we definitely know what he didn't do. If we can quantify how many people you have to positively influence versus little boys that get raped and don't say anything, then we can determine how great joe pa really was

What did he not say? All accounts tell he notified his chain of command of what was happening.

And this is why I don't give two shits about football. There is too much drama and BS. I agree that he should have gone to the police, especially after the school (apparently) didn't do anything. Why is it that football makes people so oblivious? Had this been someone else, people would be all over him and how he didn't do anything. But because this was a football coach who has done great things for Penn State, you're supposed to forget about it. If it was a excellent teacher instead of a coach, they would be crucified.

Are you for real? Do any accounts tell he notified the fucking police? Turning a blind eye and deaf ears away from blatant abuse of children is reprehensible. I can't believe people are actually defending something like this.

:wtf:

This.

Had this been someone else' date=' people would be all over him and how he didn't do anything. But because this was a football coach who has done great things for Penn State, you're supposed to forget about it. If it was a excellent teacher instead of a coach, they would be crucified.[/quote']

And this.

Made it what, about 3 months without football?

Without football??? How about he only made it 3 months living with the shame of his deepest, darkest secret being in the headlines. He claimed to someone who helped kids, yet when kids needed his help the most he did absolutely fucking nothing. That is what you call a defining moment :nono:

• Upvote 1

This guy went into a bar somewhere in Scotland and sat down next to this big, red haired scotsman. After a few pints, the somewhat drunken scot says "ya see that wall over there? I build that wall with my own two hands. But do they call me Angus the wall builder? NO! No they don't" Some more time passes, and some more pints go the way pints go in Scottish bars. Then suddenly, the scot mutters angrily "an' this bar yer in?! Ah built it too. With mah sweat and blood. But do they call me Angus the Bar Builder? Oooooooh no.... 'Course not." Most of the bar has by now switched over to something a bit ... more than the common lager. And as we all know, Highland whisky makes one say more'n one should. And the Scotsman exlaims "But fuck one sheep!"

This guy went into a bar somewhere in Scotland and sat down next to this big, red haired scotsman. After a few pints, the somewhat drunken scot says "ya see that wall over there? I build that wall with my own two hands. But do they call me Angus the wall builder? NO! No they don't" Some more time passes, and some more pints go the way pints go in Scottish bars. Then suddenly, the scot mutters angrily "an' this bar yer in?! Ah built it too. With mah sweat and blood. But do they call me Angus the Bar Builder? Oooooooh no.... 'Course not." Most of the bar has by now switched over to something a bit ... more than the common lager. And as we all know, Highland whisky makes one say more'n one should. And the Scotsman exlaims "But fuck one sheep!"

99% of the time Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't murdering a anyone. But for some reason people think of him as a murderer #whatthefuck

• 5 months later...
By anyone's measure, a great coach and a great man, who made one really bad decision.

It's too bad that 45 years of turning out quality young men and an always solid football program will, for a long time, be overshadowed by his egregious inaction.

One mistake. One big, giant mistake.

As KK said, football kept him going. Made it what, about 3 months without football?

actually looks like a long pattern of the same mistake over and over, with some covering up and rug sweeping to boot...