Joe Pa passes

Pfloydgad

Oh' date=' wait.. Is this the coach that fucks little boys? If so.. may he rot in pieces. Or, is he the coach that witnessed the coach fucking little boys and didn't do anything about it? If so.. he was a pussy and a cunt and I'm glad he's dead.[/quote']

Nope you are wrong on both accounts.

Oh' date=' wait.. Is this the coach that fucks little boys? If so.. may he rot in pieces. Or, is he the coach that witnessed the coach fucking little boys and didn't do anything about it? If so.. he was a pussy and a cunt and I'm glad he's dead.[/quote']

He is the coach that heard about the other coach fucking little boys and did very little so as to make sure it did not harm his football program. What a great leader he was! :bow:

All he wanted to do was leave the school in a better place than when he first arrived? :rolleyes:

I am kind of surprised at all the positive comments? I sure wouldn't want one of my boys going to a football camp at his stadium knowing what he will allow to happen. He was in it for himself, period. Obviously he didn't care about little kids being harmed.

Edited by Habi

By anyone's measure, a great coach and a great man, who made one really bad decision.

It's too bad that 45 years of turning out quality young men and an always solid football program will, for a long time, be overshadowed by his egregious inaction.

One mistake. One big, giant mistake.

As KK said, football kept him going. Made it what, about 3 months without football?

• Upvote 1

By anyone's measure, a great coach and a great man, who made one really bad decision.

It's too bad that 45 years of turning out quality young men and an always solid football program will, for a long time, be overshadowed by his egregious inaction.

One mistake. One big, giant mistake.

As KK said, football kept him going. Made it what, about 3 months without football?

Longer then bear bryant he lasted 40 something days

He helped educate, to give moral direction to, befriend, and set prolific futures for tens of thousands of minds, he helped build one of the greatest Div 1 universities in the country. He is the winningest coach in Div1. Has a loving a devoted family and thousands of alum football players hundreds of which have gone on to play pro ball due to the coaching and values installed by him over decades of teaching. Has millions of devoted fans and followers.

He changed,molded and help raise thousands of students and non students alike, traveled to hundreds and hundreds of speaking engagements to do the same. Brought discipline to those that needed it.

I for one respect him and followed his career and was honored to be a Joe Pa fan. He headed one of my all time favorite NCAA football programs and I am proud to have been his, and his teams fan.

Someone other than him committed some terrible crimes, and did nothing about it, another person other than him supposedly witnessed it and went and told someone he thought he should tell, and we don't hear about his discrepancies. It all falls on the media figure heads shoulders he even told the university about the issue. Why dont we hear about the university officials he told getting there share of abuse? Why aren't they in as much or more trouble for not addressing an issue brought before them? Why are they not all fired as well?

In any case, this is more of my statement against all those small minded enough to focus on a single bad event in an otherwise remarkably positive persons life. I hope when it comes time to remember me when I'm gone and my simple life is recalled it doesn't begin with the ONE bad thing I was a part of. I hope the many good things and many people I helped and friended along the way are the topic of discussion.

To everyone that wants to begin there day with comments of how "Karma will get ya" and "you almost had a clean record" should only wish they had the positive impact on a fraction of as many peoples lives as Joe Paterno had.

This notion of JoePa turning out good young men is silly. Sorry, but that is a parent's job. Lots of good young men have turned out just fine without involvement in college football. If you REALLY believe that, you are highly overestimating the impact of a football coach.

I'm sure he did many good things, but by covering up and failing to take action, he was complicit in allowing quite a few kids to get put in harms way by a serial pedophile. That is not the stuff of a 'great man' in my book.

The fact is that the football program generated TONS of cash for Penn State. And at some point it was decided that preventing the disruption of TONS of cash flowing into Penn State was more important than the well being of children.

If the day comes when we need to rely on football coaches to turn out good men, we are absolutely fucked as a county.

This notion of JoePa turning out good young men is silly. Sorry, but that is a parent's job. Lots of good young men have turned out just fine without involvement in college football. If you REALLY believe that, you are highly overestimating the impact of a football coach.

I'm sure he did many good things, but by covering up and failing to take action, he was complicit in allowing quite a few kids to get put in harms way by a serial pedophile. That is not the stuff of a 'great man' in my book.

The fact is that the football program generated TONS of cash for Penn State. And at some point it was decided that preventing the disruption of TONS of cash flowing into Penn State was more important than the well being of children.

If the day comes when we need to rely on football coaches to turn out good men, we are absolutely fucked as a county.

The notion of JoePa turning out good young men is not "silly", though the convresations regarding what football coaches do with young men and parents' responsibility for raising their children are mutually exclusive. More than simply a few young men leave high school from broken homes and are fortunate enough to be taken into collegiate sports programs all over the country that provide them with guidance and leadership they'd not find at home. You are UNDERestimating the impact of a football (or any) coach.

Yet is cannot be understated that Paterno continued to lead a progran with some sort of knowledge of what Jerry Sandusky was up to. It doesn't carry IMO the exact same weight as what Sandusky did, but that doesn't ablsolve JoePa of his role, regardless of how big or small. JoePa had done a great deal of good in this world with Penn State football as his vehicle. Yet it was the same vehicle that he steered off the road at the moment he stopped doing enough to rid Penn State of its football program's involvment with a man who endangered countless children. What is unfortunate for Joe is that it will take the word of other men to explain exactly what he did or did not know, and that is JoePa's fault. And until the truth is known, his legacy shall suffer.

• Upvote 1

Well.......considering that many NCAA football and basketball coaches are the closest thing to a Father that some of these young men have had, I would for sure say you are wrong in your assessment. And this country is in fact fucked up in some ways, and allot has to do with shitty parenting. Joe didnt do everything that he could have "as far as we know", but I am betting it goes way beyond the coach..........THINK OSU COACH JIM TRESSEL AND HOW HE GOT FUCKED OVER. Always more to the story, and I am betting more will come out eventually about Penn State and whom were all at fault.

Edited by Pokey