Visit Starbucks on Feb 14th

Rod38um

The anti`s are planning a nationwide boycott on Valentines day this year. I plan on buying a cup of coffee from them on the 14th even though I dont drink coffee. They are the only chain I know of that publicly supports the 2nd amendment.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/4208271/starbucks-pro-gun-policy-prompts.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/starbucks-pro-gun-policy-prompts-gun-victims-advocate-group-to-launch-nationwide-boycott-on-valentines-day-2012-137890863.html

Edited by Rod38um

Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores

I just choked on my sandwich. Does Starbucks have an actual policy that states "Assault Weapons" may be carried openly? Or do they just NOT have a policy against it?

Can you open carry an assault weapon in the street? If no, then Starbucks doesn't NEED a policy against it. You might as well boycott hem for not having a rule against serving coffee to naked people. It's already illegal to walk into the store naked.

I will buy a coffee from Starbucks that day.

I just choked on my sandwich. Does Starbucks have an actual policy that states "Assault Weapons" may be carried openly? Or do they just NOT have a policy against it?

Can you open carry an assault weapon in the street? If no, then Starbucks doesn't NEED a policy against it. You might as well boycott hem for not having a rule against serving coffee to naked people. It's already illegal to walk into the store naked.

I will buy a coffee from Starbucks that day.

some states allow open and concealed carry of long guns

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A4SU8G1

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
Edited by Steve Butters

...why can't I +rep an entire thread?

I don't like Starbucks' over-priced, burned coffee, but will be making at least one stop there that day.

"Sir, do you want venti, tall, mocha-this, grande'-that, blonde, medium, or dark?"

"F*ck-all if I know, I just want a black coffee in the largest cup you have"

"That'll be $4.95, please"

Just wish I had more than one OWB holster. Mebbe I'll tuck my shirt in behind the Supertuck. May need to have a 1911, service 9, and a 4" .357 wheel with me that day...

*** edit: I'd carry if it weren't for that horrible smelting accident. Forgot that little detail.

Edited by jblosser
see edit note above, after the asterisks.

wtf kind of homo adware did you pick up on your gay pr0nz sites? that doesnt show on my screen

Untitled-3.jpg

You have an ad blocker. When I go to that site there are 2 or 3 banner ads on the right ot the text. You have a big empty space there.

I plan on going to Starbucks.

The article I read had a line in there stating the group was for " working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws".

I was like that is sweet, sound good.

Then the next paragraph they spew " To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores." thing. So not so sweet. Flawed logic to me.

I don't think we have one anywhere near me? I will have to check. I use a certain gas station by me because he has a BIG sign on the door that reads "we welcome ohio chl holders" with the green circle around the gun.

This isn't on w25th by 90 is it? Not sure if they have that sign but I know they guy in the store liked that I was carrying, I go there every week now. They also have the cheapest gas anywhere in the Cleveland area by like 15-30 cents!

Starbucks is not pro gun, Starbucks is not anti gun. Starbucks takes no position on any social issues other than to say they respect the laws of the states and municipalities in which their stores reside. In areas where other brands were banning open carry Starbucks chose to stick to their policy and state that they would respect the local laws.

Some pro gun folks grabbed on to this and started claiming that Starbucks is pro gun. But make no mistake, Starbucks common sense policy is intended to protect Starbucks not gun owners.

No my gas station I go to is on 237 in berea. There are three of them on the same triangle intersection one has a gun buster sign and I refuse to go there. The one I go to had a attempted robbery stopped by a patron who had a ccw. From what the kid told me a guy came in the store pulled a gun and started waving it at everyone inside. A man waited for the robber to turn back toward the register when he did the guy pulled his weapon and stuck it in the robbers back and told him to put his gun down. he did and was held for the police.

Or so the kid behind the counter told me when I asked about the sign.