UNLICENSED possession of a gun cards

Casper

I just shake my head at those stupid signs anymore.

If there are other people around, I'll audibly say, "no guns allowed? why didn't they just put up a sign that says 'no criminals allowed' instead?"

I'm sure I annoy more people than I entertain, but it makes me laugh :p

I HATE these stupid cards. It implies that you need the state to regulate your protection. The goal should be that we don't need a license like in several other states. Using the states requirements to make you sound important to a business makes it seem like we need the state to issue us permission to protect ourselves. The people who live in Free states without the need of a license to carry are not second class citizens.

As a business owner the only thing I am worried about is my liability. Currently there is no liability to a business if a lawful use of self defense takes place on their property.

If there are other people around, I'll audibly say, "no guns allowed? why didn't they just put up a sign that says 'no criminals allowed' instead?"

Because criminals are okay with them? They just don't want law abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves when they are robbed by criminals.

Last year I had a discussion with a local RV store about their signs. Supposedly, they had the CHLs themselves but didn't want to allow customers to be able to carry because of the neighborhood :confused:

Oh, they claimed their lawyer made them post the signs.

I fail to comprehend people who think criminals will obey such a sign....

Seeing how I had ridding the cycle to the store, if I had been carrying that day, I would have had to lock up the gun on a public street to go inside :eek: Good way to get it stolen and into the hands of a criminal. I let them know that I wouldn't be back.

Ken

I own a gun business and my agent didn't tell me I was going to have to pay more for insurance if my customers actually carried my products.

I just don't go back when I see the sign. It's a hassle to take your gun off any ways.

if it says UNLICENSED then you are still allowed to carry since you are a licensed carrier. Those signs HAVE to be posted at ANY class D liquor establishment to show that unlicensed carrying is STILL illegal in a class D establishment. A class D must spell out that licensed ccw holders are not allowed on the premises if they don't want you to carry in their business.

it's also a way to prevent open carry by unlicensed individuals

there is no license for open carry, you can carry openly without a license, however if the above sign is posted that no UNLICENSED carry is allowed, then an unlicensed person cannot at all.

Basically a class D license is for the consumption of alcohol on the premise of which the alcohol is sold. I.E. bars and restaurants. you can currently carry in these places as long as they do not have a sign expressly stating that LICENSED CCW patrons may not carry. However the above UNLICENSED signage, IS required at ALLL class D establishments by law.

also, another little tidbit that i've looked at would be the signs posted at Easton Town Center, these have a picture of a revolver with the general red crossed out circle. these are not legal signs prohibiting the LEGAL LICENSED concealed carry by an individual, as it is written in the ORC that the only legal signage MUST contain this phrase :“Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.”

This however can be confusing as some people think that their CCW license authorizes them by law to carry... however this is not the case. unless the signage expressly states UNLICENSED persons, then they cannot carry.

if it says UNLICENSED then you are still allowed to carry since you are a licensed carrier. Those signs HAVE to be posted at ANY class D liquor establishment to show that unlicensed carrying is STILL illegal in a class D establishment. A class D must spell out that licensed ccw holders are not allowed on the premises if they don't want you to carry in their business.

it's also a way to prevent open carry by unlicensed individuals

Hmm interesting. I want to know more about this. What is your background? I was always curious towards the wording on the signs. Not trying to be an asshole either, I wanting to learn more about this subject.