License plate laws here in ohio

07rr06si

Mod not sure where to put this so please move if need be.

Got a 07 CBR 600rr and was gonna move my plate to under the seat right above the rear hugger and was wondering what the law is on this. It will be visable (even if im sitting on the bike) and will have a license plate light.

Anyone ever get pulled over or hassled for a set-up like this?????

Thanks in advance,

Matt

clearly visible and illuminated are the only requirements I've ever heard.

Mine is sideways and not illuminated. But hell, if the cop is behind me with his headlights on, he can read it.

Why not put a light back there just to make sure you don't get harassed.

my 05 was in the same spot. I rode around for a year like that with zero problems and most of the areas I rode were notorious for anal cops. I think you're just going to be hit or miss on the city and the particular officer and their feelings

Why not put a light back there just to make sure you don't get harassed.

cause I mounted it to the swingarm, and running wires back there would be a big hassle... making sure they didn't get caught in the chain, etc...

I'm gonna get harassed anyway, it's not like my riding is 100% legal except for the little light bulb.

cause I mounted it to the swingarm, and running wires back there would be a big hassle... making sure they didn't get caught in the chain, etc...

I'm gonna get harassed anyway, it's not like my riding is 100% legal except for the little light bulb.

Well if you wouldn't stand up and flap your arms when you pass cops you wouldn't have any issues

are you planning on using an illuminated frame or the tripage hugger with LED's in it by chance?

I use the Tripage LED hugger for my plate and it's bright as all hell. If anyone were to complain about not being able to see it, I'd have to file a formal complaint about their vision. It's now out of the way but still easier to see at night than a stock CBR.

I actually asked a Springboro officer about it before I put it on, just to see if (in his opinion) an officer would pull me over for it, and he said it looked just fine to him. I realize this is by no means a court-worthy approval, I just wanted to know that at least one cop out there thought this was a good solution. I tend to think this is on of the best solutions on the CBRs.

picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2015picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=9

Yes tripage hugger led, IT, and his FE exactly like the pictures above.....love that look....well looks like I'm getting ready to order my goods.....jarvis - that's the exact look except w a cf yosh....how did you run the wires for the hugger

Got a 07 CBR 600rr and was gonna move my plate to under the seat right above the rear hugger and was wondering what the law is on this. It will be visable (even if im sitting on the bike) and will have a license plate light.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

had mine in the same spot in my 05 R6 with a good light set up. got pulled over in Gahanna at 7:30 in the summer (still light outside). cop told me he couldnt see it from behind while he was in the cruiser. ran my plates/license/insurance. ask my a bunch of dumb questions "is that where they put the plate when the bike was new", "do you think theres a reason the factory didnt mount the plate there", so on. Eventually told me to fix it before he sees me again and sent me on my way. No ticket, just a verbal warning. I never moved it.

I also had several cols police, sheriffs, state troopers, see it at differnt points and none of them ever said anything.

It's now out of the way but still easier to see at night than a stock CBR.

What can you see from behind the bike. From the pics you posted it looks low, like it might be blocked by the top of the tire...and it looks angled down pretty far. Not giving you a hard time, I am just curious. Could be an optical illusion from the picture angle.

Mod not sure where to put this so please move if need be.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Haven't had a problem with mine.