Why I Love Winter Riding

drc32-0

I just got back from a 80 mile ride on SR376,SR78 and SR555,and for the whole 80 mile ride I didn't have one car in my lane.I love winter riding...you have the road to yourself,great sightlines due to no leafs,no bugs and no slow moving Harley parades.

Just dress warm,stay in the tire tracks to avoid sand and cinders,and have fun.:)

Of course sunny 45 degree days help too.;)

If the roads weren't a mess with cinders and other crap that doesn't need thrown on the roads, winter would be the best time to be on two wheels. Don't get me wrong, I still ride and enjoy the winter for what it is, but the twisties are hard to ride aggressively so it kind of nullifies the advantages of having the road to yourself IMHO.

I do it because I'm stubborn and being a new rider I'm taking every chance I can to get some experience in. I've gotten thumbs up from cagers thinking I'm crazy going out in these temps lol. Though, cooler weather does harden up soft tire compounds so I just put around.