WTB good work truck

magifesq

Looking for a mid to late 90s 4 cylinder manual transmission with good engine, dents and dings ok as long as engine, tranny, brakes, etc are good, I have around $1k to spend cash, I checked out a 96+/- Dodge Dakota Magnum sport 5 speed cylinder, extended cab, looked like it would do the trick if anyone has one for sale in my budget, thanks , my cell is 740-358-3666 for text or call

As long as you're not in a hurry, I don't think it's impossible. Once in a while a deal will pop up. But as stated, if the motor, tranny and brakes are good, most likely the exterior, interior, clutch and everything else may be shot.

I would keep your eyes open in southeast Ohio/WV.

Good luck.

It's possible. I bought said s-10 for $950. But im the kinda guy who takes months to make a purchase like this, looking for the best deal. It was also trashed on the inside. I stripped out the seats and did a thorough cleaning/pressure wash. I know it's worth more than $950, esp now that I did work to it.

NoBama 2012

i sold a 94 f150 with 5.0 and 160k miles and not a single problem aside from having body damage, for $1000

and we bought a 95 f150 with straight 6, under 200k miles, and a good body for $800 at an auction

OP - early 90s ford trucks usually sell for good prices and you get a decent truck for your money...start scouring craigslist

theyre full size - not a 4 cylinder like youre looking for ...but its hard to be picky with 1k budget

Yeah you can usually find a "decent" full size for a grand. Good luck finding a small truck in that price range that isn't a total pile. I paid 700 for my old sonoma, And it needed a clutch, 5th gear was out, brake lines were blown out and it was wrecked in the front end (due to the brakes). Few hundred bucks and a ton of work i ended up trading it for something better. The only way you're gonna get a decent deal is if you have to tow it home.

• 2 weeks later...