My daughters AR

fazer1sniper

My 17 has been shooting since she was 6. Got away from it over the years. Boy's, Internet, X-Box live ext...

But recently she has been getting into the "zombie culture" Sooo.... I figured I'd support that with a newly set up AR . Went with a "support rifle" or "SAW" concept.

DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1701.jpg

DSCN1697.jpg

DSCN1694.jpg

Got the mag with LE LetterHead years back. I have seen several Sure Fire 60 rounders around lately in Ohio as well. Now this has been mostly in LE shooters. I like the Beta, feeds well and low profile. I have never had a problem having mags over 30 rounds shipped to Ohio since the ban ended.

I see the ORC 2923.11E, well thats new. Good looking out Ohio. Been in LE and tactical for 11 years and that never got put out to us.

Laungue is screwed up too. It emplies that ANY firearm that can accept mags over 30 rounds is an Auto. Good luck with that!

Edited by fazer1sniper

Please delete that photo, its illegal in the state of Ohio to use a magazine with greater than a 30 round capacity.

That is why I asked if he had an exemption. I know you are law enforcement, maybe you can get away with it, but what about your daughter?

She's 17. "Her" rifle is actually one of mine. As far as ownership is figured.And it's not like it will fit in the rack with the Beta on it.

Didn't know she was 17. It is a stupid law that needs changed! You can own the higher capacity mags, but when you insert them then you can be charged. Most likely unless you are being charged with another crime, I doubt it will ever be an issue. Seems like one of those things a prosecutor just tacks on. I wonder if anyone has been charged with it?

You can obtain a temporary permit to use:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.18

(A) Upon application to the sheriff of the county or safety director or police chief of the municipality where the applicant resides or has his principal place of business, and upon payment of the fee specified in division (B) of this section, a license or temporary permit shall be issued to qualified applicants to acquire, possess, carry, or use dangerous ordnance, for the following purposes:

(4) Financial institution and armored car company guards, with respect to automatic firearms lawfully acquired, possessed, carried, or used by any such person while acting within the scope of his duties;

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

Edited by crb

Cool, does she have to tote that thing, or are you going to? LOL. My 15 year old daughter has her own AR as well; just put my old EOTech on it for her, swapping out the EOTech for an Aimpoint I got cheap.

Have fun loading up that C mag!