750 cruiser too small for a larger dude?

progrmr

Not sure why anyone would push a shadow over a magna. NO comparison between the two....Magna is more than twice the bike for the same amount of $

here is a nice one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-MAGNA-V-FOUR-/260948333632?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3cc1bb9440

I'm 6'-2" @ 200lbs and ride a Suzuki C50. I chose the C50 over other small metric cruisers because dimensionally, it was the larger bike. I did have to install forward controls and switch to drag bars for comfort sake, but I'm happy with the engine size. The only times I've felt it was under powered was riding 2-up climbing hills. I also like the cheap insurance too (~$100/year).

Cool - I appreciate it!

Here is one I know for sale. It is in Detroit. Don't have year and miles yet, he forgot to tell me. PARTIAL list of what he has done to it, the stuff I can see in the pic. I will have the full list and details tonight.

Forward Controls

Mirrors

Stretched tank

Granucci seat

Burb pipes

Headlamp

Rear Turn sigs and plate mount.

Paint, obviously.

Pretty good bet it has the smaller sprocket on it, that is a must have. I suspect it will come in around 4K depending upon what extras you keep and which you might tell him to take off. For example the Burb pipes could come off, he can sell those in a heartbeat to someone else.

bqZLotphotostreampicture.php?albumid=1426&pictureid=15289

FWIW I will vouch for this dude, he is a straight up shooter. If OOMP sees this post I will bet OOMP will vouch for him too. Detail kind of guy that takes care of everything and can afford to do things right.

More pics in this album here:

http://www.ohioriders.net/album.php?albumid=1426

Full details on the mods to the bike. If you are familiar with the 750's you know this is list covers most everything people do to this bike except maybe a front rake. His contact info is at the bottom. Feel free to ping me if you need help getting a hold of him.

FOR SALE

2003 customized Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (VT750DCB). I only rode this bike two or three times last year, so it needs to go. I am the original owner and it has never been dropped or wrecked. Clean title.

11,359miles

Regular oil changes every 3,000 miles or less.

Clutch springs replaced at around 500 miles

Fork seals & oil replaced at 9318 miles

Newer Metzeler Tires front & rear at 9321 miles.

Stretched Tank

Mapam forward controls

Burb exhaust pipes – fairly loud *

Custom front steel fender

Custom paint (toddsextremepaint.com) w/pin striping

Kuryakyn mini-bullet halogen turn signals front & rear

Billski mod rear tail light & plate holder

Custom headlight

Honda backrest

Granucci seat & p-pad

Kuryakyn chromed levers, brake & clutch

Braided Barnett clutch & throttle cables

2" fork extensions

39 tooth rear sprocket

Relatively new chain

Custom mirrors

Chrome VTX shocks with chrome bolt covers

1.5" scootworks lowering kit.

Also included:

Battery tender

Gel seat pad

Honda shop manual

Chain wax

Chain alignment tool.

Anything else that goes with this bike and is lying around the garage.

* Additionally, I have a set of stock pipes with the hole-saw mod done on them. I can put these back on the bike and discount the price a bit if you want the Burb pipes removed.

This bike is a great runner and always a head turner. Cash only, no test rides without full cash deposit. No trade-ins, as is, no warranty, etc., etc…..

$4000.00

Email Dave (dsmith1706@aol.com) if you have questions or want more pictures.

The 883 Harley used to be a bad ass bike, Americans have erections for excessive hp and torque. Unless you are going with a high performance super sport, more power = more weight and size. The C50 "and other bikes in that range" is an excellent bike and more than enough to thrill ya, I really love the Triumph cruisers should I ever go down that path. I have a measly 1400 inline 4 that only puts out about 155 bhp, but I can live with that.

Edited by Pokey

The 883 Harley used to be a bad ass bike, Americans have erections for excessive hp and torque. Unless you are going with a high performance super sport, more power = more weight and size. The C50 "and other bikes in that range" is an excellent bike and more than enough to thrill ya, I really love the Triumph cruisers should I ever go down that path.

I've been checking out Sportsters for sure - the only put-off is the peanut tank. Small range, constant refueling. Other than that, I don't think anything rumbles like a Harley!

I can only go $3500 right now - currently paying my mortgage and my ex-wife's mortgage until her house sells. That's sucking $900 /month out of my pocket. We are in contract though, and hopefully will close by the end of this month.

honestly though I'm not sure I even want to spend more than $3500. Having a bike again will be great and I'll do plenty of riding. There's a lot in the $3500 range that would be great to own, so I'm not sure if the law of diminishing returns starts to kick in after $3500 - for me anyway :)

I'm 5'10 and 220 and had one (2003 Shadow 750 ACE) and it wasn't bad at all for a first bike. Rode it two years before moving up to VTX 1300R, but only because my riding buddies had bigger bikes and it was easier to keep up.

The most fun I've ever had on a cruiser was on a 3rd gen (1994-2003) Magna 750.

This!

Magna. Can't beat that v4 motor.

This!

Yep those Magna's were real beasts...

This!

Magna is a great bike!

This!

I had a magna as well I am a bigger guy and rode it two up with no loss of performance. It would also get my vote as well.

This!

I would suggest a 94-03 Honda Magna 750. It's a Honda, it's a cruiser, bulitproof reliability, incredibly comfortable riding position, insurance is cheap and it has 90hp and 55ft lbs of torque. It is very fast for a cruiser. Of course I am biased because I own one. Almost 50k now and not a thing has gone wrong with it ;)

And This!

My dad had one and it was an awesome cruiser. + you wont look like a cute little HD imitator. :D