Biker arrested for taking 3-yr-old child for a ride

Scruit

If I'm the one prosecuting him, I'm arguing that the laws dictate the safe means of transporting a child on a motorcycle.

If you're breaking that law, then by definition, you're putting the child in danger, no?

he's negligent per se.

Like if I shoot a gun in my back yard and the bullet strikes someone's property, I am automatically liable for the damage caused, because there is a presumption of negligence the moment i break the law, and the victim is the type the law was enacted to protect.

if the guy wants to fight it, I'd love to see him try. I think he'll have better luck trying to plea to a lesser offense.

If I'm the one prosecuting him, I'm arguing that the laws dictate the safe means of transporting a child on a motorcycle.

If you're breaking that law, then by definition, you're putting the child in danger, no?

he's negligent per se.

Like if I shoot a gun in my back yard and the bullet strikes someone's property, I am automatically liable for the damage caused, because there is a presumption of negligence the moment i break the law, and the victim is the type the law was enacted to protect.

if the guy wants to fight it, I'd love to see him try. I think he'll have better luck trying to plea to a lesser offense.

I realize why it is child endangerment, but I was surprised to see it be a felony. Driving with a child not in a child seat it illegal too, but doesn't seem to be the basis of a felony child endangerment charge.

Is there a misdemeanor level of child endangerment? If not then that would explain the leap.