HS kids getting paid to go to school

chevysoldier

Cincinnati high school is paying its students to come to school.

The Dohn Community High School has launched a $40,000 incentive program to get students to come to class.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, students will get Visa gift cards for showing up everyday for school, being on time for class and not getting into trouble. Seniors would get $25 while underclassmen would get $10.

The school would also put $5 into a savings account for the student that earns a gift card.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/02/13/cincinnati-high-school-paying-students-to-come-to-school/

$70 over 4 years. Based on 252 working days a year and 8 hrs a day, that means they make $0.00868055556/hr...

actually, its $75 plus a little interest... 10 per year for 3 yrs, then 25 senior year, plus 5 per year in a savings account....that probably comes out to be almost $76

a kid can write their own ticket on $76

actually, its $75 plus a little interest... 10 per year for 3 yrs, then 25 senior year, plus 5 per year in a savings account....that probably comes out to be almost $76

a kid can write their own ticket on $76

Opps, I was thinking $5 for underclassmen. Therefore it's about $0.00930059524/hr (without interest) :lol:

Fuck that! I hated school but managed to drag my ass in everyday. These little bastards these days think they are owed the world. Fucker you're lucky you are even able to go to school. How about spend the money on new books or even ipads to be used in classes. That's a good way to get kids to learn. Technology solves everything.