Gun storage while in hotel

Hydrant

I'm heading out of town to go south for a long weekend with the parents / brothers / girlfriends at the end of march. There are several gun ranges in the area and we all were wanting to go shoot sporting clays and trap. So I'm going to have to take my 4 shotguns.

My only problem is storing them. Transporting them is no biggie as I've got double gun cases. I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to leave them in a hotel while I'm out. Obviously you'd have no maid service. I've thought about getting a cable and sliding them under the bed and locking them to the bed frame. I would prefer to not leave them in any vehicle overnight or during the day unless I had to (I still wouldn't trust the trunk of a car). It would be great to bring a cheap Stack On box with a Hilti .22lr concrete anchor gun and drive some anchors in the floor and walls, but I doubt the hotel would like that.

Just searching for ideas.

In allot of hotels, the bed frame is solid to the ground and you cant put anything under the bed. I would suggest throwing up the Do not Disturb sign. Also, if you leave the hotel, why dont you just take them with you and leave them in the truck of the car when you leave and in the hotel while your there. Just do your best not to advertise when you are bringing them in and out of the hotel.

If there is an in room safe, make sure the default passcode is not 0000 or something along those lines. Google default hotel safe pass codes and you will find instructions on how to change default codes and what different manufacturers default codes are.

If there is an in room safe, make sure the default passcode is not 0000 or something along those lines. Google default hotel safe pass codes and you will find instructions on how to change default codes and what different manufacturers default codes are.

Room safes are never big enough for long guns. Unless you're in some $10K/night room.

Room safes are never big enough for long guns. Unless you're in some $10K/night room.

Whoops, didn't see the 4 shotguns part of the OP. Just assumed we were talking hand guns here since 90% of the talk on this forum is handguns lol

If it were me I'd be more inclined to leave them in my trunk than with the staff of the hotel. You have no idea whether or not the hotel staff can be trusted, where the guns will be stored, or if any of them are convicted felons for that matter. Plus if you have to take it out of your car then a lot of people will have an opportunity to see them.

just be carefull i travel alot for work and was staying in a comfort suites i had the do not disturb sign up and they were changing furniture in the hotel and ignored the sign came into my room while i was at work and switched all the furniture mooved all my clothes into the new dressers and im sure thats rare but i wouldnt want them stumbleing upon them while ur gone id deffinitly always take them with u if ur not there.

I might be driving my truck down, and all I have is a soft tonneau cover on it. Its a crew cab, so I still don't like leaving them in the open cab. I'm going to do some checking with the gun club and see if they will look after them, or maybe get creative with a 2 double gun cases, a 20' master lock cable, big key lock in the hotel room, and the closet.

We shall see, if I'm not comfortable I'll just bring the golf clubs and hope someone does me a favor and steals those.