lost ccw training certificate?

Steve Butters

my mom took the ccw course but lost her certificate.

ive emailed and called/left messages for chief and i cant get ahold of him to get a duplicate.

is there any other way to get ahold of a certificate? are they kept on file anywhere? or does she need to retake it somewhere?

You need to have it for your renewal

fuck.

anyone know how to contact chief? i sent PM, email, and called the number listed in the ccw threads and no responses yet

i guess i have 4 years to track him down or ill have to retake the class i suppose

as for my mom, ill just tell her to start looking for a new class to take

anyone know of a class in columbus?

Edited by Steve Butters

How long was it from the time of the class to get the CHL? Wasn't there a time limit that they talked about? I haven't seen anything in searching. I'm to the comfort level that I'm ready to get my CHL, I just want to make sure that they'll take what I have from last year.

How long was it from the time of the class to get the CHL? Wasn't there a time limit that they talked about? I haven't seen anything in searching. I'm to the comfort level that I'm ready to get my CHL, I just want to make sure that they'll take what I have from last year.

You are good Porter. My sister took her class last year and her birthday isn't til August.

It's good for like 3-4 years, I can't find my booklet right now.

Wrong

Sorry, but you're wrong. I just read up on this over the weekend as I'm due to renew mine in June.

Taken directly from the 2011 CCW Laws Manual on the gov. website:

In order to renew your license for the first time, you must submit proof of competency certification. Proof of certification may take either of the

following forms:

1. A previously issued Ohio concealed carry license. The license may be either expired or currently valid.

2. A competency certificate from your instructor. There is no longer a time limit from the day you completed your class to the time of your first renewal.

I got your back Craig. :D

• Upvote 1

Additionally......

If you have previously renewed your license and are renewing for a second time, you need to present proof of renewed competency certification. The renewed competency certification must attest that you are range competent. To obtain a renewed competency certification, you do not need to attend the entire course, class, or program that you initially took to obtain your license. The renewed competency certification must be dated and signed by an instructor. It must attest that you are range competent.

I hate you R1Crusher, are you like stalking Craig's post on here. I had a nice post and had to delete it now.

:D

I cannot confirm nor deny my stalking of Craig's posts.

Edited by r1crusher
Madcat is jealous I'm stalking Craig's posts.

The sheriff told me at the time that I got mine not to lose the certificate because I could not renew without it.

copied from my county sheriffs website... so maybe it varies by county??

OHIO CONCEALED CARRY LAW

Carrying a concealed handgun is a privilege in Ohio, and with this privilege comes a responsibility to be aware, not only of the common sense rules of safe firearm handling, but the laws that affect how, when and where you can carry your firearm, and how to properly use the handgun to defend yourself or another person.

SHERIFF'S OFFICE APPLICATION POLICIES - New & Renewal

• Completed application (Applications are available on the Attorney General's Website)

• A 2 x 2 Picture

A copy of your certificate for schooling

• A $50.00 money order for renewals and a $67.00 money order for new applications.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH YOU OR WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.