Cops surround empty car for 2 hours

TheBrown57

Nice....That guy on parole(who is a suspect) just outsmarted them(lol) or is unlucky. Either way they should fix his car. I'd have me a lawyer and they'd pay on this one. No trick camera editing on this one.

Before you rag on them too much - if those windows are limo tint then how can they tell if the car is occupied or not?

Do YOU want to be the one who walks up and flips the door open on a felon?

How can they figure out of the car is occupied?

What about shining a light into the windshield?

I'm surprised they didn't do that. although that would require them getting close enough to get shot if he was in there.

Another question: Who will pay for the damage to his car? It's not like he used in in a crime or anything.

Before you rag on them too much - if those windows are limo tint then how can they tell if the car is occupied or not?

fly the chopper over and hit the car with the spotlight, to light up the inside through the windshield?

or just take a look inside with the FLIR...

fly the chopper over and hit the car with the spotlight, to light up the inside through the windshield?

or just take a look inside with the FLIR...

You forget common sense has gone the way of the Dodo bird. I'm pretty sure the spot lights from all those cruisers could have done the same thing.

You forget common sense has gone the way of the Dodo bird. I'm pretty sure the spot lights from all those cruisers could have done the same thing.

I'll repeat what someone else said "Do you want to be the one that opens the door on an armed fugitive"

A person can be hiding on the floorboards of a car and the only way to confirm that would be to approach the car and shine a light directly in. If someone is in there and does not want to be captured then that is good way to get a face full of lead.

Were they too cautious? In hind sight yes. Was it embarrassing? Better that than dead.

I would not want to be in the officers shoes.

Craig

What about shining a light into the windshield?

Tactically you wouldn't want to be in front of the vehicle where they can see your every move. If they did shine a light from the front, they then illuminate all of the officers to the rear for the bad guy and make it difficult for the officers to see any movement that may be happening in the vehicle.

Officers put that spot light on vehicle occupants for a reason. It is to prevent/hamper vehicle occupants from viewing their movements. Walking up on a vehicle is a regular traffic stop is very dangerous to begin with. Add in limo tint and a wanted felon who doesn't want to go to prison, and it can turn into a disaster in a real hurry. They did the correct thing by trying to negotiate him out first. It just so happened that he exited his vehicle before they got there.

FLIR can't see that?

No. Have you watched any shows like wildest police videos and seen FLIR shots? They pick up the engine and break heat but not occupant heat. The FLIR is very limited when it comes to seeing inside/under things. Heat signitures get lost in open air under trees. Through steel is not going to happen.