[FS] 2000 Suzuki SV650 Frame, Shock, Swingarm

wantahertzdonut

For sale: 2000 SV650 frame, swingarm, and shock. NO TITLE. This was the frame to my track bike that I swapped out last spring. It has about 12,500 miles on it. All is usable and in good shape.

$50 or best offer. Would prefer local pickup, but I can work on shipping it to you at extra cost.

I am in Fairview Park, just west of Cleveland and just minutes from I-90, I-71, and I-480.

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

Edited by wantahertzdonut

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, at this point I'll give this to anyone who has a use for it.  Don't ask if you're going to scrap it, I'll do that myself.  If someone speaks up and wants to get it from my house or meet me at Nelson this weekend, I'll bring it, otherwise I'm taking it to the scrapper with my other aluminum.  But I think I'm keeping the shock for a spare on my other SV.

I am interested.  Here's the only issue.  The VIN#...  Can you provide it for me to run to just simply clear it from being stolen?  I know it isn't - just simply piece of mind.

I'll take it and will be up in Canton tomorrow...

• 4 weeks later...

side note - will scrap places accept vehicle frames (i.e. anything with a VIN) when the 'seller' can't provide proof that they own it?

At the very least I would expect that they have to keep records of the VINs they scrap and name of the seller, so the cops can trace frames back chop-shops.

...not that scrap places are always the most reputable establishments

• 2 weeks later...

whoever builds this better post pics and specs!

I have been trying to find the opposite...  titled SV650 frame to convert a retired track bike to a streeter beater.

I did the same a few years ago.  I got mine from a guy on SV rider.  Look long enough and you'll find one.

side note - will scrap places accept vehicle frames (i.e. anything with a VIN) when the 'seller' can't provide proof that they own it?

At the very least I would expect that they have to keep records of the VINs they scrap and name of the seller, so the cops can trace frames back chop-shops.

...not that scrap places are always the most reputable establishments

They'll take pieces.  Unsavory places will take a vehicle without a VIN but they are breaking the law when they do.  I had a friend cut up a (legally purchased) Mazda 323GT and had to bring the body in cut up pieces because he lost the title.  It was a lot of work but the only way he could skirt the regulations.

Brian has the frame, and from what he's told me of his plans, I hope to see a build thread pop up!

Edited by wantahertzdonut