Crash on Rt60, too early for this...

ReconRat

Not being current on your government papers proves nothing about your ability to make rational decisions in an emergency situation. People make poor decisions all the time while they are totally compliant to government regulations it has no bearing on the outcome. If the accident would have been another vehicles fault would he have deserved to die because he had expired plates and license?

I understand and nor do I think thats the only factor, it just paints a picture to go along with the other factors of no gear, travelling at a high rate of speed with a passenger. All those paint a picture of irresponsibility in my mind. Thats why I put "character" in quotes, because he very well may have worn gear and been a "safe" rider the rest of the time. All it takes is one time though as we all know, shit happens. Its purely stereotypical categorization at this point without truly knowing the rider

Not being current on your government papers proves nothing about your ability to make rational decisions in an emergency situation. People make poor decisions all the time while they are totally compliant to government regulations it has no bearing on the outcome. If the accident would have been another vehicles fault would he have deserved to die because he had expired plates and license?

Expired = you forgot to renew it

Suspended = you got your priviledge to drive revoked due to irresponsibility (12 pts, no insurance, OVIs, etc)

He was suspended. His plate was expired.

I'm reminded of something I read somewhere on the internet, that I would never be able to find. The question from a girl, was whether she should ride on some guy's bike. The answer, likely from some one's mother, was to ask to see license and insurance first, as well as ask a history of accidents and tickets and such. No have, no ride...

Apparently some people relate those things to responsibility and safety.

I'm reminded of something I read somewhere on the internet, that I would never be able to find. The question from a girl, was whether she should ride on some guy's bike. The answer, likely from some one's mother, was to ask to see license and insurance first, as well as ask a history of accidents and tickets and such. No have, no ride...

Apparently some people relate those things to responsibility and safety.

I doubt that would have been the end of mothers list had she thought anyone would have lived up to that criteria. Mothers are special creatures that like to use any means necessary to keep their babies safe even if it defies logic. At an age when a mother has that kind of influence on their children I would bet that the majority of riders don't have a MC license so she wins.

I know several if not dozens of people who have ridden for decades without a license. Some should never get on the roads and some I would let my mother ride with. I have had an active insurance policy for all of my vehicles since '78 and my MC endorsement since '82 that certainly isn't an endorsement for me being a better or safer rider than the next guy.

Dang, this is about responsibility to self and others, not whether someone knows how to ride a tricycle. So in one way, yes it doesn't matter whether there is helmet/tags/insurance. And in the other way, responsibility, those items are completely indicative of poor judgment, bad behavior, and reckless abandon that culminated in the loss of life.

The news item has now gone national. Apparently it's become an object lesson.

Please understand that if it had been posted under object lesson, it would have been moved to RIP posts by some one anyway.

• 8 months later...