Wanting a bike..

Ricochet

I am looking for a bike again. I think I want a cruiser this time around since Im getting too old and fat. Looking to spend around $3000, give or take...

I have been looking all over Craigslist and found some I like but I am not going to pay out the ass because someone added "a bunch of extras".

One guy wanted $8200 on a bike that cost $7500 new...

So any leads would be appreciated..

Ricochet

even though I'm not the biggest Suzuki fan, if you want a big fat comfy cruiser on the cheap, find a Volusia 800. My buddy has had 2 of them and both have been low mileage and mint for 3k or less and is a pretty solid bike. Kinda styled like a Fat Boy

Why would a guy from SE Ohio looking for a $3000 motorcycle possibly go to Honda East in Toledo? :lol:
You should be able to find some decent bikes in that range. Look at the older (early to mid 2000's) Shadows, Boulevards, and Vulcans. I saw a lower mileage Shadow Aero on there for like $2500 the other day...with Cobra pipes.
What this guy said. I know a few folks who have picked up Shadows for that price range. Nice bikes.

Bad time of the year to be looking to buy, but there are deals out there if you do enough digging.

huh? Its a GREAT time of year to buy, especially with it being a buyers market! If I wasn't trying to save money for a house I've found many a deal on a bike where I could've bought and flipped pretty quick for a decent profit if I could be patient

huh? Its a GREAT time of year to buy, especially with it being a buyers market! If I wasn't trying to save money for a house I've found many a deal on a bike where I could've bought and flipped pretty quick for a decent profit if I could be patient

I tried that and ended up keeping the bikes....ooops;)