Are There Any Suspension Tuning Clinics Offered?

wantahertzdonut

I'd like to know if there are suspension tuning clinics or classes offered anywhere. Now that I have a bike with fully adjustable suspension, I want to know how to use it. I also plan on doing a GSXR fork/shock swap on my SV, but again I'd like to know how to get the most out of the components at the track.

I know I can shell out $80 to have someone set it up for me at the track, but I can't afford that every track day and would like to know what's going on and how to get desirable results.

I'd like to know if there are suspension tuning clinics or classes offered anywhere. Now that I have a bike with fully adjustable suspension, I want to know how to use it. I also plan on doing a GSXR fork/shock swap on my SV, but again I'd like to know how to get the most out of the components at the track.

I know I can shell out $80 to have someone set it up for me at the track, but I can't afford that every track day and would like to know what's going on and how to get desirable results.

http://www.onthethrottle.tv/ This is not a direct answer to your question but if you want to gain some knowledge of suspension go to this site> How to and start going thru the offerings. Lots of good info to be had.Hope it is helpfull.

http://www.onthethrottle.tv/ This is not a direct answer to your question but if you want to gain some knowledge of suspension go to this site> How to and start going thru the offerings. Lots of good info to be had.Hope it is helpfull.

This is your best thing to check on the internet. He is up to date on most current crop bikes. The issue with the book links are the numbers are somewhat dated... Good reads, though.

In the end, the best thing you can do is come to a track day at Mid-Ohio and we can give you a baseline idea of what you can do. Or, maybe we can do something where we do a clinic somewhere like Hob's shop or something? Maybe work it with DTM-Brian and he can do some dyno stuff also? Dunno...

Anyways, just some ideas.

This is your best thing to check on the internet. He is up to date on most current crop bikes. The issue with the book links are the numbers are somewhat dated... Good reads, though.

In the end, the best thing you can do is come to a track day at Mid-Ohio and we can give you a baseline idea of what you can do. Or, maybe we can do something where we do a clinic somewhere like Hob's shop or something? Maybe work it with DTM-Brian and he can do some dyno stuff also? Dunno...

Anyways, just some ideas.

This would be cool if it works out.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

I think I will go for one of the setup deals at a track day, since I really would like to have someone go over my bike with me just to get a head start. I'll definitely check the links too, and I'm sure I'll have more questions then.

Robert Jensen gave me some excellent advice over at Spiegler when I had him set up my bike. Dont be afraid to mess with your suspension (within reason of course). If you have a baseline set up, try messing with a setting (small inputs) everytime you get out there to see what it does to your bike and how the suspension changes. That way you'll understand what each setting does to your bike and how it makes it feel handling wise.