Marked "Junk"

wristpin

So I was perusing ebay while waiting on the wife and came across a decent looking bandit. Then I read this: "This vehicle was legally purchased with a Bill Of Sale marked "Junked", and it is sold with a Bill of Sale."

:wtf:

You are correct just needs inspected

I thought if it was a junk title it couldnt be registered even after inspection?

Salvage can be inspected and changed to rebuilt....I could be wrong but just throwing it out there.

It's a Wisconsin bike and a little googling says Wisconsin has two designations. Salvage which can be inspected and put back on the road. And junk which cannot be put back on the road.

A licensed salvage dealer cannot use the salvage license to buy even one salvage vehicle for personal use, or for the dealership, its employees, family or friends to own or use. Salvage dealers are required to submit titles for all vehicles they acquire to WisDOT within 30 days. The dealer should mark "JUNKED BY (your business name)" on the title. Once a vehicle has been junked, it can never be titled and registered again.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/business/dealers/licenses/salvlicense.htm

How Ohio would handle a junk title from Wisconsin I have NIF. But my guess is you would not be able to register it and put it on the road.

If it comes with a bill of sale only, just take it and fix it and apply for a title and just say that the bike was crashed and needs inspected to be street legal here in Ohio. You can maybe go to a salvage dealer (Isn't there one as a sponsor on here?) and ask them, but it really shouldn't be any different than taking a off road only title and getting it listed as a street title.

In Ohio, it is one of the easiest states to get street titles for anything...

If it comes with a bill of sale only, just take it and fix it and apply for a title and just say that the bike was crashed and needs inspected to be street legal here in Ohio. You can maybe go to a salvage dealer (Isn't there one as a sponsor on here?) and ask them, but it really shouldn't be any different than taking a off road only title and getting it listed as a street title.

In Ohio, it is one of the easiest states to get street titles for anything...

Except if you live in Cuyahoga County, which is known for being completely unreasonable and will stiff you if you try something like that. Everywhere else in Ohio you are correct, just don't try anything like that in Cuyahoga.

Except if you live in Cuyahoga County, which is known for being completely unreasonable and will stiff you if you try something like that. Everywhere else in Ohio you are correct, just don't try anything like that in Cuyahoga.

Unless they do smog testing, it is identical no matter where you go. It is simply a deal to have it inspected, get a title... The Highway Patrol is a place to go and shouldn't be an issue anywhere in particular.

But, if it is, that is an easy skip...

Again, it is only coming with a Bill of Sale. It will not have a "junk" title... He can apply for a new title once inspected...

The only experience I have with a junk title and bill of sale was through a buddy of mine and Ohio wouldn't issue him any title even after inspection. I really don't know the exact details other than it was a car he bought out of state so that is the only reason I'd be hesitant personally. He knew the gamble and was gonna make money parting it out if he couldn't put it on the street

Again, it is only coming with a Bill of Sale. It will not have a "junk" title... He can apply for a new title once inspected...

it does have a junk title....you cant just make title status disappear, even if seller only provides bill of sale, when the VIN is ran it will come up "junk"

the only way that bike will ever be on the street again is a frame swap

it does have a junk title....you cant just make title status disappear, even if seller only provides bill of sale, when the VIN is ran it will come up "junk"

the only way that bike will ever be on the street again is a frame swap

I really do believe this is the correct answer. Junk is intended to keep it off the street forever in Wisconson per the link I tossed up earlier in the thread. I will bet Ohio will honor that. If they don't that is a law that needs to be changed.

wow ive never herd of junk titles before and ive been in the auto body business for 6 yrs i just fixem i dont buy much thats probly why. someone is gonna be pissed when they buy it thinking they can title it, and cant.

wow ive never herd of junk titles before and ive been in the auto body business for 6 yrs i just fixem i dont buy much thats probly why. someone is gonna be pissed when they buy it thinking they can title it, and cant.

says right in the for sale ad that it will never be able to be titled...so if somebody gets pissed, they cant really blame the seller