school me on the SKS

max power

Thinking about trading my LC9 w/2 factory extension mags, fobus holster, 25 rounds of critical defense and 50 rounds of FMJ and box/manuals etc. for a relatives completely built, SKS straight outta cosmoline.

Tapco, flash supressor, bi-pod, scope, 2-30 mags + other goodies I can't remember.

I don't have an assault rifle and don't have the spare coin for a worthy AR rig yet.

So, whatcha think? Fair trade?

I have a similar one to what you are describing...the rifle itself can be about 300, the stock cab be 70+, scope it all depends on value, mags are really nice to have and bipod is nice to have as well. If you are looking for more AR type this is not the one for you...they are very long and moderately heavy but very fun to shoot and mine is reliable easy to maintain and accurate as well. But those rounds travel really far and go through a lot so having the time to shoot it is rare.

I bought the 9 because my grandad wanted one, so I was gonna trade him for his Taurus Millenium to serve as a nightstand gun. He changed his mind, so I kept it, but I always carry the S&W. Its a real nice carry gun, but I've always wanted an assult rifle and can use the .38 as a nightstand gun.

I have never found a 30 rd mag for sks that fed reliably. Make sure you get the stock ten rd box mag with it. Otherwise good deal. Do you know where it was made? The Russian and Romanian are higher quality, the yugo are heavier from the grenade launcher and sights and don't have chromed barrels. Chinese are decent but not as well built as Russian as far as fit and finish is concerned.

I have never found a 30 rd mag for sks that fed reliably. Make sure you get the stock ten rd box mag with it. Otherwise good deal. Do you know where it was made? The Russian and Romanian are higher quality, the yugo are heavier from the grenade launcher and sights and don't have chromed barrels. Chinese are decent but not as well built as Russian as far as fit and finish is concerned.

It is Romanian. I will be getting all the original parts. Do the stripper clips work with the Tapco stock?

The stripper clips would work with the Tapco stock but the brass deflector would cover the stripper clip guide. If it was removed the scope might possibly still prevent the clips from going in the guide.

Lock the bolt open if it will lock open on that type of mag and see where the clip guide is located, probably under the scope/deflector set up.

The clip guide is part of the bolt carrier. My scope didn't interfere, your millage may very. The only reason that high cap mag is on there is because he never fired it after building it. Never seen one feed all thirty without a failure. Stock mag is easy to re install, put gun on safe, remove bolt, push in little button by trigger guard and it all pops out.