Expanding my horizons this year

rubbersidedown

I can only tell you about gingerman and it has 2 strips of sealant running all the way around the track but if you follow the proper lines they are no issue. The facilities leave a little to be desired but your not there to hangout in the bathroom all day so it doesn't matter.

Im hoping to get to Putnam and Beaver this year....

I hear Jennings is nice this time of year :rolleyes:

Make sure you do a putnam event when I'm control riding.. and yes.. check weather.com .. jennings shall be nice!!

PS.. Grattan and Mid O are ice skating rinks the first session so be careful!

Make sure you do a putnam event when I'm control riding.. and yes.. check weather.com .. jennings shall be nice!!

When and with who are you CRing?

I will be doing mid o for the first time may 13th, should also be at putnum with motoseries this year

Both of these events are on my calendar!

Can you explain the "ice skating rinks"? Morning dew?

Putnam is terrible slippery in the rain but I never noticed the first session being bad.

oh and to explain... skating rink.. yes morning dew everyday at mid o... i never go out first session, it is very slick... after rain same thing.. its like walking on ice. you know you can do it but damned if the possiblity of falling down isnt greatly increased

Both of these events are on my calendar!

Can you explain the "ice skating rinks"? Morning dew?

Putnam is terrible slippery in the rain but I never noticed the first session being bad.

It isn't bad in the morning. The guys that say ice skating rink when cold are just nervous. Is it slower? Yes. Is it slippery? Yes to a degree... We were about 7 seconds slower in practice when it was 45 degrees one year on DOT race tires with a harder compound as we knew the races would be warmer.

It is fine and will take a little control on your part early to avoid ham fisting the throttle as you will be on your head.

BUT, remember, they are all that way - every track - as pavement is less grippy in cold weather than warmer weather and before the sun hits it or the dew gets burned off... Putnam ain't no treat in the cold, either...

My issue with Putnam is the $$. 180 to run there is as much as Mid O. Andy, you got any pull on that bud? I mean I'm still planning to make 1 event a year there, but obviouslly I'd do Mid O over Putnam for the same price.

I'd also like to know when they are planning race events... I was talking to the guys from Commonwealth and that was news to them...

Racing will add a bit of cost as they need more corner workers and a third possible EMT unit. They should have two anytime, but the additional is so the event doesn't get shut down if one EMT unit is gone.

$180 is pretty steep for Putnam... $15 more and you get a much better track for sure, but Putnam is pretty awesome and I would suggest at least trying it.

Brian, for sure, I still have 1 of the 2 MS dates on my calendar. Haven't been there for years so ready to get it on there this year.

Plus if I go I should be able to cuddle with Dubguy, and you know I like to cuddle.

If ya wanna hook up over here and travel over in the rig and trailer, we can for Putnam. Hell, we can do something for the Nelson and Beaver rounds also...

Just let me know.

I am getting an SCT tuner for the van this week!! BOOOYA!!

Bro SCT, you will LOVE IT!!! That's the best for the Ford engines. It's what we all run on our 6.0's. I'll definitely be in touch. Actually, I have a friend who lives pretty close to Nelson too where me and Grape stayed last year. Left the trailer crashed at his house. Worked nice with a bed, ac, etc.

You gotta let me know when you get the tuner bro, it's going to be night and day. Actually I gotta put the tow tune back on this week for Jennings.

Bro SCT, you will LOVE IT!!! That's the best for the Ford engines. It's what we all run on our 6.0's. I'll definitely be in touch. Actually, I have a friend who lives pretty close to Nelson too where me and Grape stayed last year. Left the trailer crashed at his house. Worked nice with a bed, ac, etc.

You gotta let me know when you get the tuner bro, it's going to be night and day. Actually I gotta put the tow tune back on this week for Jennings.

Yup, getting it through DTM-Brian. I sent him an email off SCT's site and he responded, but didn't even put 2 and 2 together. He PMd me here and we are working it out.

I am probably going to swing by and pick it up tomorrow... It's a plug and play so, I will not have to drive the guzzler down to CBus.

Anyways, as for MS stuff, I usually travel up early morning Sunday and leave after the sprints. I might do the Mini 20 races this year, but not sure...

My idea was to leave early AM Sunday and get back same day...

Yup, getting it through DTM-Brian. I sent him an email off SCT's site and he responded, but didn't even put 2 and 2 together. He PMd me here and we are working it out.

I am probably going to swing by and pick it up tomorrow... It's a plug and play so, I will not have to drive the guzzler down to CBus.

Anyways, as for MS stuff, I usually travel up early morning Sunday and leave after the sprints. I might do the Mini 20 races this year, but not sure...

My idea was to leave early AM Sunday and get back same day...

I don't think you doing the mini 20 is a good idea, I mean I don't need to finish any further back