Expanding my horizons this year

rubbersidedown

Trust me...if my dumb ass truck didn't have a blown trans and suck up all my play money I might of made a go of it. But you should be glad it happened as it will give you some more time to get better before I show up.

:D

Trust me...if my dumb ass truck didn't have a blown trans and suck up all my play money I might of made a go of it. But you should be glad it happened as it will give you some more time to get better before I show up.

:D

If that's the case might wanna wait until next season for you to come out then :nono:

Yup, getting it through DTM-Brian. I sent him an email off SCT's site and he responded, but didn't even put 2 and 2 together. He PMd me here and we are working it out.

I am probably going to swing by and pick it up tomorrow... It's a plug and play so, I will not have to drive the guzzler down to CBus.

Anyways, as for MS stuff, I usually travel up early morning Sunday and leave after the sprints. I might do the Mini 20 races this year, but not sure...

My idea was to leave early AM Sunday and get back same day...

Yeah bro, I will def. be in touch for the MS stuff too. As for the SCT, I've been running it 2 years now and its Night and Day. My street tune makes me all hott and sweaty.

Okay sorry, back to track days and racing.

It isn't bad in the morning. The guys that say ice skating rink when cold are just nervous. Is it slower? Yes. Is it slippery? Yes to a degree... We were about 7 seconds slower in practice when it was 45 degrees one year on DOT race tires with a harder compound as we knew the races would be warmer.

It is fine and will take a little control on your part early to avoid ham fisting the throttle as you will be on your head.

BUT, remember, they are all that way - every track - as pavement is less grippy in cold weather than warmer weather and before the sun hits it or the dew gets burned off... Putnam ain't no treat in the cold, either...

i went to mid-o and it rained early morning before i got there. first session was so bad that half the open group pulled off after the first lap. i kept going the whole session but it REALLY hurt my confidence. after sliding constantly the first session, it took me a few sessions on a dry track before i pushed it even the slightest. so id rather skip a slick session and keep my confidence

If you can get up to Gingerman on Thursdays they have an unofficial STT LED for 50-75 bucks for about 3-3.5 hours of total riding...

Gingerman has been abused, it's obvious. Lots of ripples in the braking zones and the sealant is tough to get used to at first. I personally wouldn't come all the way from Ohio JUST for Gingerman, Grattan - yes.

If you can get up to Gingerman on Thursdays they have an unofficial STT LED for 50-75 bucks for about 3-3.5 hours of total riding...

Gingerman has been abused, it's obvious. Lots of ripples in the braking zones and the sealant is tough to get used to at first. I personally wouldn't come all the way from Ohio JUST for Gingerman, Grattan - yes.

Good info here. Thanks