WTB 5x8 open trailer with ramp

grapesmuggler27

looking for something used.

Your choice, guy builds them and considering my trailer with dual axle goes for $3200 at most places, a new no name trailer might cost less than a used name brand trailer. ;)

best check johns place.. i hear he's really used....

I said used not worn out

Your choice, guy builds them and considering my trailer with dual axle goes for $3200 at most places, a new no name trailer might cost less than a used name brand trailer. ;)

ok thanks will give him a call.

besides ive noticed that most of the HF trailers dont have the best specs.. be it weight loads. or even engineering they arent worth the money that he could get a decent used one for the same price

Im in the market as well which is why I was asking. I just need something light and cheap so was considering one....

Im in the market as well which is why I was asking. I just need something light and cheap so was considering one....

thats what Im worried about, I dont have the suburban no more. I am now the proud owner of a mitsubishi endeavor with a tiny 3.8 V6 and tow capabilites suck balls

Edited by grapesmuggler27

How anemic is the 3.8?

I have seen a ranger with a 3.0 pull a 6x10 enclosed with 2 bikes and both riders' crap.

My wife's "cute ute" does just fine with 2 bikes on an open trailer, and it's only a 2.7 v6. I figure the bikes weigh 500 each (full of gas and rounding up) and the trailer is maybe 300 on its own. My car is rated for 2,000 towing. A 3.8 should be closer to 5,000, no? My 4.0 ranger could tow 6k if memory serves. With trailer brakes anyway.

you can buy mine for 250. it looks kinda ugly but it has been a good trailer to me on the various trips to grattan, putnam, etc

it's about 5x7 or 8, not sure on dimensions. it weighs about 300 lbs, and i pulled it with my g35 coupe (lol... no seriously). sometimes with 2 bikes.

How anemic is the 3.8?

I have seen a ranger with a 3.0 pull a 6x10 enclosed with 2 bikes and both riders' crap.

My wife's "cute ute" does just fine with 2 bikes on an open trailer, and it's only a 2.7 v6. I figure the bikes weigh 500 each (full of gas and rounding up) and the trailer is maybe 300 on its own. My car is rated for 2,000 towing. A 3.8 should be closer to 5,000, no? My 4.0 ranger could tow 6k if memory serves. With trailer brakes anyway.

Maximum towing capacity: 3500 lbs.**

Maximum payload: 1059 lbs.**

you can buy mine for 250. it looks kinda ugly but it has been a good trailer to me on the various trips to grattan, putnam, etc

it's about 5x7 or 8, not sure on dimensions. it weighs about 300 lbs, and i pulled it with my g35 coupe (lol... no seriously). sometimes with 2 bikes.

PM sent

I may just be spit-balling here, but I have always felt that ramp-gates on open trailers killed the gas mileage.

Just something to consider when shopping an open trailer. A decent curved bike ramp will run you a few bucks, but I think they're better than ramp gates (for bikes anyway). If you're using it to tote around other stuff, then maybe not, but a big wire-mesh "wall" can't help economy.

I may just be spit-balling here, but I have always felt that ramp-gates on open trailers killed the gas mileage.

Just something to consider when shopping an open trailer. A decent curved bike ramp will run you a few bucks, but I think they're better than ramp gates (for bikes anyway). If you're using it to tote around other stuff, then maybe not, but a big wire-mesh "wall" can't help economy.

Yeah there's not a whole lot of extra cargo room in the endeavor, so my though was get something with a gate less things to carry ie ramps....plus I can throw things like a pop up, tires, gas cans, spares on the trailer and figured it would be less hassle with the ramp gate.

i got 20 mpg hauling 2- 500lb bikes to tennessee last year with a chevy impala 3.5liter...with a ramp gate