Sunday 3/11 NEO Ride Up OH-164

Hailwood

The NEO forecast for Sunday is looking pretty tasty, and I will definitely be out for a couple of hours - Curious if anyone else is interested in having a quick ride.

I don't want to get too crazy heading South for the first real ride of the year, but I'm thinking a nice blast up OH-164 and back down OH-9 would be a good way to start. If there's some interest I'll post up a full route.

This will not a quick ride in terms of pace. This is a fun/scouting/dust-the-cobwebs-off ride, and I plan on taking it quite a bit easier than I might normally. Figure 60 ~ 70 in the straights, and paying very close attention for gravel/salt/etc in the corners. If you're interested in going balls out, this probably isn't your ride.

I'm thinking a noon start with about 3 hours of riding. Meet at DQ in Bolivar, and wheels up by 12:10.

Here's the route I'll be taking:

Link to Google Maps

I'll check Sunday in the AM to see if anyone's interested, otherwise I'll make this a solo ride.

Edited by Hailwood

Hey Will...

Dave posted a ride interest on CORE. I mentioned your plans and thought we could merge rides. He's just looking for an easy scrub-in ride' date=' too. Not sure if his schedule coincides with yours, but it's worth checking into.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

Looks like Dave is planning on a longer ride, so I'm still going to target this route and rough timing.

I'll be heading up that way regardless, so if anyone wants to join I'll swing by DQ. If there's not interest I'll just head straight out. I'll check back in the morning and make the call about the meetup then.

I'll probably be riding on Sunday not sure exactly where yet.

I agree, early spring conditions call for the pace to be dialed down a notch or 2.

I'm down to do some riding tomorrow so if you or anyone wants to meet up and do some cruising let me know.

Looks like Dave is planning on a longer ride, so I'm still going to target this route and rough timing.

I'll be heading up that way regardless, so if anyone wants to join I'll swing by DQ. If there's not interest I'll just head straight out. I'll check back in the morning and make the call about the meetup then.

I'll see you at the DQ at noon, looking forward to meeting you.

Nice ride Will, glad to have met you - thanks for posting up and thanks for the great route.

Overall the roads were in great condition but traffic was a little heavy on a couple of stretches.

Likewise, Bill. Was great to meet you, and that was a fun ride to kick off the season.

Definitely looking forward to some trips further South this year!

Same here, a great ride, probably around 300 miles, great weather, and as Tpoppa stated, the roads were surprisingly clean for the most part.

By the time I seen this post, I did not have time to make the meeting point, or I would have made the trip.