Motorcycle insurance

PrincessPratt

my claim last summer with progressive was quick and easy. I received the check within 48 hours.

My insurance premiums with progressive were cheaper than allstate and I already have 2 cars + renter's insurance with allstate. My only insurance knowledge is with quotes on 600rr or similar.

It is important to know what your coverage is..someone said it best, yearly price is not a good indicator..BUT State Farm is not known for giving you 'Safe Auto' coverage unless YOU tell them you want it.

I was hit by a Safe Auto driver last year. Bare minimum everything. Plus their adjuster was a c0ck.

i have yet to file a claim with State Farm, but their customer service is great, and everyone who rides a bike around here recommends them.

I have been with State Farm since I was 16, I have had no problems with filing claims. The body shop I prefer deals directly with State Farm and I don't even have to talk to an adjuster.

For our bikes we pay $10/ mn for the 82 Honda, $23/mn for the 2000 Yamaha and $35/mn for the 2006 Kawasaki. The Yamaha and Kawasaki are both full coverage with $250 deductible.

We pay $250/mn for 3 cars (2 are WRX's one is a 69 Camaro) and 3 bikes. All full coverage, not bad.

I have been with State Farm since I was 16, I have had no problems with filing claims. The body shop I prefer deals directly with State Farm and I don't even have to talk to an adjuster.

For our bikes we pay $10/ mn for the 82 Honda, $23/mn for the 2000 Yamaha and $35/mn for the 2006 Kawasaki. The Yamaha and Kawasaki are both full coverage with $250 deductible.

We pay $250/mn for 3 cars (2 are WRX's one is a 69 Camaro) and 3 bikes. All full coverage, not bad.

no offense but this doesnt tell me anything. for all i know you could be 40-something with 3 kids and absolutely nothing on your driving record. a little different than being 22 with a huge speeding ticket...just a few cents. :cool:

no offense but this doesnt tell me anything. for all i know you could be 40-something with 3 kids and absolutely nothing on your driving record. a little different than being 22 with a huge speeding ticket...just a few cents. :cool:

Yeeooooooow! Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Damn Benyen, that was kind of buttholish. :eek: I still got brotherly love for my little 250 brother though. Keep on, keeping on!

BTW, I'm 30, married, and my zx14 is $31/month with 100deductibles on collision and comprehensive.

You are right, it doesn't tell you much. But way to jump on my post and no one else that posted similar information. And for the information I am 29, no kids, with a good driving record but have a wreck on the policy. And for more information this is a 250 comp/250 collision.

All I was trying to point out is what I pay at State Farm.

You are right, it doesn't tell you much. But way to jump on my post and no one else that posted similar information. And for the information I am 29, no kids, with a good driving record but have a wreck on the policy. And for more information this is a 250 comp/250 collision.

All I was trying to point out is what I pay at State Farm.

Good tasteful retaliation.:cool:

So I guess they moved this darn thread. I couldn't find it....lol. Anyhoo, why does lack of children have anything to do with insurance premiums. Please educate me!! I thankfully don't have any rugrats but I don't see why children would increase a premium unless they are thinking of injuries in case of accidents. Besides who in their right mind would have a child on the back of their MC??? But then again I have seen dogs on the back of bikes up at quaker steak. hehe.

Just insured my R1 with State Farm on Hilliard-Rome Rd. $490/year for full coverage and not the minimum coverage either. I couldn't believe it. I said where do I sign and wrote the check. I was paying 3 times that with Geico for an old 750.

• 4 weeks later...
So I just got my new insurance quote for my mc insurance from american family. It went from $321/yr to $1489/yr. :mad::mad::mad: Wow!!! They said they started coding "superbikes" differently. Thus, I need a new insurance company.

Does anyone know of anyone in Cols who has cheaper insurance for a 33 year old female with no points and GREAT credit. I know they go by your FICO score now a days. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Geico is what I chose after doing some research. They are much cheaper than Allstate and State Farm and a little cheaper than Progressive. They also give a multi-vehicle discount if you insure your other vehicles with them.

They started off as a company only for government employees and then expanded to general public. I've been using them for years with no issues.

It will depend on your driving record, but for the most part, worth taking a look at.

Ride Safe!!

Geico is what I chose after doing some research. They are much cheaper than Allstate and State Farm and a little cheaper than Progressive. They also give a multi-vehicle discount if you insure your other vehicles with them.

They started off as a company only for government employees and then expanded to general public. I've been using them for years with no issues.

It will depend on your driving record, but for the most part, worth taking a look at.

Ride Safe!!

Call state farm and be done with it.. Cheapest ins you will find.

• 2 years later...

I'm with StateFarm ...

My '07 M109R is $320 annual

My '08 Hayabusa was $400 annual

Forgot what the ZX6 and Ducati was...

I also have home owners, a tahoe (daily driver), and max coverages on everything

Edited by JonS

superbikes have high death rates . Thus high risk of big loss thus high premiumsthey rarely look at your fico score. Driving history riders class is important to help reduce premiums.

This isn't true. Your credit is looked at as well as driving record and location.

My g/f and I are mostly identical with everything from bikes to age to time riding. Our only difference is credit, her's is pretty bad. Her rates were nearly $700 more than mine for that reason alone.

It may vary from company to company however.

Check out Progressive.

Definately! Damn 1400 a year, I would be like F U

Allstate was cheap last year but I had everything listed through them. If they had not Funked me on my house I would have stuck with them... Too bad. With a company for 20 years and they decide to put the screws too you.