3/17 Ride to SE Ohio

Hailwood

Since I can't make the CORE ride on Sunday, and with the weather looking so good for tomorrow, I'm planning on getting a nice long ride down South in.

Here's the route I'm planning:

Link to Google Maps

Should be about 250 miles from Millersburg back to New Philly - probably about 5 hours with stops. The R1 is a bit thirstier than other bikes I've owned, so figure about 100 miles between gas stops. I am not planning on stopping for an actual meal.

Pace will be conservative. It's still early in the season, and I've got plenty of cobwebs to dust out. Figure 60~70 on the straights and being cautious through the bends. I will pass on a double yellow if I feel it is safe, but again, I am fairly conservative when it comes to this. I don't have any problems waiting for anyone, nor do I have issues with being passed if someone wants to go quicker.

Since it's going to be warm in the morning, I'm going to try and get an earlier start. Plan on being @ the Speedway in Millersburg by 10:00 and wheels up by 10 after.

I know it's St. Patrick's Day and a lot of folks have plans, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone wanted to join since I'm going to be doing it either way.

Man. I'm interested. Will have to check my honey-do list first...I'm subscribed and will firm up either way

Sounds good.

I'll post up before I head out, and will probably stop at the Millersburg Speedway for gas anyway, so last-minute isn't a big deal.

Hailwood, I'm in...unless my wife's alter ego shows up in the morning...then I'm out...but for now am in...

Why choose only one day Pauly? It's 70 degrees in March! Mother Nature is hitting you over the head and demanding you ride both days! besides, it's supposed to rain on Sunday.

Al Z, I'm no spring chicken either...my good asian genetics just makes me look like I'm 10 years younger. I'll be taking her easy anyways. First real ride for me on a new bike so I'll be more conservative that Santorum.

Real foggy here. Will try and make it.

Be especially careful coming through Holmes county. The fog can get pretty bad through some of the valleys there.

Looking good here. I'll be heading out in about an hour.