3/17 Ride to SE Ohio

Hailwood

At Speedway now, so far no one else here.

Can I meet you guys at the intersection of I -70 and 83I along your route? Im getting a late start but id like to get a ride in today.

That's fine with me. We shoul be down that way by 11:30ish and you're welcome to join us. I'd prefer if we coulda make it a rolling stop since I'm trying to keep the time parked to a minimum. Just be visible from the highway and we'll slow down and let you form up.

Back home after a great ride! Ended up at about 315 miles and hit some of my favorite roads. This weather is unreal, and we couldn't have asked for a better day to do this.

Harb and Mojo, it was great to meet you guys, and hopefully you had as good a time as I did. Look forward to riding with you again sometime.

A word of caution about OH-26 just outside of Marietta - most of the corners had a very fine gravel in them which was a bit difficult to see. Another few hard rains should take care of them, but take care coming through there.

we are back home safe too, 164-646 43 nice decent route, should not have rode after going 36 hrs without sleep but no regrets as it was a beautiful day and an awesome ride, alz is a smooth as any rider, props to him. i just had to copy what he did.

I really wanted to join your ride Will. Fog was crazy thick here. Just too dangerous. Sorry I missed your post Link. Another time. It was a nice day. Can't believe all the bugs already. Must be planing on a lot of traffic on 164. Trucks that is. A ton of new squiggley road signs. Supposed to be major boom in shale drilling. Doc your too kind. Biffed the same turn on 646 as I did on last ride last season. Same deal...tires slid. Not even close to the edge. Glad all are home safe.

I really wanted to join your ride Will. Fog was crazy thick here. Just too dangerous. Sorry I missed your post Link. Another time. It was a nice day. Can't believe all the bugs already. Must be planing on a lot of traffic on 164. Trucks that is. A ton of new squiggley road signs. Supposed to be major boom in shale drilling. Doc your too kind. Biffed the same turn on 646 as I did on last ride last season. Same deal...tires slid. Not even close to the edge. Glad all are home safe.

No worries, safety is always priority 1, so I completely understand. It was pretty bad when I set out too, but cleared up pretty quick once I got through Massillon.

We'll catch you on the next one!

What a great ride for the season opener!! Man is my ASS sore. A 300+ ride to start with was probably not the nest thing to do, but I wouldn't do anything different.

I just need a Doctor!

Waterford-20120317-The+Doctor.jpg

Definitely a few hairy corners. Both of you guys are fast and smooth. I really need to work on that and get my confidence up. But overall the day was Triumphant for sure!

Waterford-20120317-Triumph.jpg

Another great thing was the mesmerizing symphony our steeds made. 2 crossplane R1's and a 3 banging Brit

Waterford-20120317-Trio%2520of%2520Music%2520Makers.jpg

Hailwood, thanks again for leading the charge! I'll make sure to join as many rides as I can.

• Upvote 1